From weddings to race cars, here are the week's top stories

Football Oregon Vernon Adams touchdown reaction
Oregon senior quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. reacts after a touchdown in overtime against Oregon on Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. The Ducks defeated the Sun Devils 61-55 in triple overtime.

Take a break from the studying grind and spend some time to enjoy Halloweekend. Before you do that, catch up on the week's top stories.

ASU Greek life alumni hold wedding in Secret Garden

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

Two ASU alumni met for the first time at an 80's themed party at ASU. This week the two read their vows and sealed the deal at the Secret Garden. Reporter Ryan Santistevan was there to hear the two say "I do."

Garth Brooks tells audiences to prepare themselves for Phoenix shows

Photo by Armando L. Sanchez | Chicago Tribune/TNS

Country superstar Garth Brooks returned to Phoenix Friday and Saturday after a nearly two-decade hiatus. Reporter Shane Weinstein explains what this return means for Brooks and his fans.

Read more: Solid return for Garth Brooks in 'Man Against Machine'

Late decisions down ASU football in loss to Oregon

Photo by Jacob Stanek | The State Press

Thursday was a night of controversy and disappointment for ASU. The Sun Devils faced the Ducks in hopes of regaining momentum and pushing for a bowl game. Reporter Fabian Ardaya was at Sun Devil Stadium and witnessed the triple overtime thriller.

Read more: Grading ASU football's 61-55 loss to Oregon

ASU vs. Oregon: An epic battle for the pac-12 Disappointment Bowl

ASU couple's old school tactics spark to new love in '94

Photo by Jacob Stanek | The State Press

Louis and Jennifer Velasco will celebrate their 21st wedding anniversary in November. The two met at a college job and after that their love only grew. Reporter Preston Scott-Hall tells the story of how the two have kept their love strong for over two decades.

Stories we think you'll love:

Buzzfeed's 'TASTY' recipe videos changing the way we absorb media

Photo by BuzzFeed TASTY | Facebook

If you frequent Facebook, you have probably seen some tasty treats being made on your timeline. Columnist Sydney Maki tells why the short and sweet format of these videos are the new way of absorbing information.

Read more: Four easy meals to make in your dorm

ASU Formula SAE Team gears up for automotive competition

Photo by Charlie Leight | ASU Now

The ASU Formula SAE Team is gearing up for an automotive competition next June. They have started from the ground up, spending their weekends designing, welding and 3D-printing the parts needed for their car. Reporter Allie Bice spoke with the team and learned more about their process.

ASU, international students work together to build 'global experience'

Photo by Celina Jimenez | The State Press

Studying in a different state can be a fun experience and can be very rewarding. Studying abroad can be a much different experience and just as rewarding. ASU has over 10,000 international students from more than 120 countries enrolled. Reporter Celina Jimenez spoke with international students, learned more about their stories and the growing international student body.

Read more: On the treatment of international students at ASU

The captain's return: ASU hockey's Liam Norris sets forth on trail he helped blaze

Photo by Ellen O'Brien | The State Press

When ASU hockey became an NCAA program, there were doubts. Many questioned how a hockey program could survive in the desert. Luckily, there is a leader, a captain. Reporter Fabian Ardaya tells the story of the man who is leading the team through its first NCAA season.

Read more: Pashovitz saves 51 as ASU hockey drops first in two-game set at Wisconsin, 5-1

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×