Celebrate New Year's Eve with Jack Ü, Odesza and more at Decadence

above & beyond

Above & Beyond will be performing at Decadence, a two-day electronic music festival, that starts Wednesday at Rawhide Western Town in Chandler. 

Trade your fireworks, house parties and New Year's resolutions for trap drops, house grooves and good vibes at Decadence. The two-day electronic music festival will start Wednesday and bring DJs such as Skrillex and Diplo’s Jack Ü, Knife Party and more to Rawhide Western Town in Chandler.

The party will feature multiple stages, state-of-the-art lights, and of course, an endless supply of bass and dancing to fulfill any devoted raver’s New Year's dreams.

There are so many artists to see, but here are the must-see acts that are will bring only the best talent to Arizona’s EDM music scene.

Above & Beyond

This DJ trio has been a festival mainstay for quite some time now. They are fresh off a Grammy nomination, which has solidified their mark on the genre. 

Look for the songs like “We’re All We Need” and “Sticky Fingers” off their most recent album to ring in 2016 with a much-needed wall of emotion and synth lines that are sometimes absent in a lot of today’s electronic music.

Rezz

Isabelle Rezazedeh, otherwise known as Rezz, has been turning heads with the breed of dark techno she presents. Legends like deadmau5 and Skrillex have even noticed, and both have released her singles on their labels.

Look for this to be the breakout set of the festival because EDM fans who don't know who Rezz is will be clamoring for more of her music once all is said and done.

Borgore

This Israeli DJ has taken the electronic scene by storm. Some people love him for his aggressive fusion of dubstep and trap. Others hate him for what some might consider misogynistic lyrics. (A Vice News offshoot, Thump, debunked this idea.) 

Regardless of the debate, it’s impossible to deny that the man can put on a show. Be prepared for some of the heaviest drops of the night as the songs from his latest release, “Keep It Sexy EP,” will leave anyone wanting more bass, completely satisfied.

Odesza

This is sure to be the most chill act of the festival, but don’t leave just because they duo isn't dropping any bangers. Some of the most beautiful melodies in the game have come from this group. There comes a time at every festivals when you need a break from the heaviness. This is the act to see when that happens.

Knife Party

Most EDM fans know who these guys are, and that’s the point. Knife Party has been pushing out hits since dubstep first exploded in the late 2000s. If you haven’t seen them live, this is your chance.

Expect old tunes and new songs from the group’s latest EP, “Trigger Warning,” but don’t expect to leave without dancing a lot. 

For more information and tickets, click here.

Reach the reporter at jhgolds2@asu.edu or follow @misterjacobgold on Twitter.

×