Can you believe it’s already the second week of the semester? Hopefully you didn’t miss anything fun your first week. If you did, now is your chance to mark your calendar with these must-attend events of the spring semester.

Watch one of the best ASU women’s basketball teams in years

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

ASU women’s basketball is having one of its best seasons in recent memory. The Devils are the 8th best team in the country and riding on a 12-game winning streak. Friday, the Sun Devils will compete against Arizona at Wells Fargo Arena at 7 p.m., looking to further their winning streak. If you can’t make it to the game in person, you can catch it on the Pac-12 Networks while you’re doing homework.

Read more: First and third quarters propel ASU women's basketball to win over Utah

Wrestle your way over to Wells Fargo Arena

Photo by Jennifer Bauer-Leffler | The State Press

ASU’s wrestling program is nationally recognized and has a history for breeding talented wrestlers like Anthony Robles. Stanford will face-off against the Sun Devils at Wells Fargo Arena on Saturday at 3 p.m.

Read more: Interview with ASU one-legged wrestler Anthony Robles

Sun Devil wrestling to face No. 14-ranked Iowa State

Have a ball at Big Band Night

Photo by Lillian Reid | The State Press

Jazz Repertory band and directors Michael Kocour and Jeff Libman come together for a concert dedicated to the ages of big band music. The concert will be held at Katzin Concert Hall on Feb. 18 at 7:30 p.m.

Read more: 'Big Band Night!' brings classic, modern jazz under one roof

Sing along with ASU Men's and Women's Choir

Photo courtesy of ASU’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts

Come see two award winning choirs for the bargain price of $5. Both choirs are a melting pot of all majors and backgrounds who come together to create soothing melodies. This is one of the few events on the list that is off campus. Watch (don't actually sing along) the choirs perform at the Tempe Center for the Arts on Feb. 24 at 7:30 p.m.

Read more: ASU Glee-inspired show choir returns

Turn up at Devilpalooza with Hunter Hayes

Photo by Emily Johnson | The State Press

If none of these events have caught your attention, consider Devilpalooza. This annual spring concert is the largest organized student event. Five-time Grammy nominated country star, Hunter Hayes will be the featured act. Devilpalooza will be held at ASU Sun Devil Fitness Complex Fields in Tempe on Feb. 26. Book your tickets now.

Read more: Devilpalooza rocks Packard Stadium

Relax and listen to ASU Latin Jazz Band

Treat yourself to what the ASU Latin Jazz Band calls “the best of African-Cuban roots.” Director, Dom Moio and the ASU Latin Jazz Band will perform at Evelyn Smith Music Theatre in Tempe on March 5 at 7:30 p.m.

Read more: ASU jazz bands bring down the house

Get loud at an ASU softball game

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

Last season was full of triumphs for ASU softball, from walk-off homeruns to no-hitters. Come cheer on the ladies March 18-20 as they host UA. Student admission is free.

Watch 42nd Street at Gammage

Photo courtesy of 42nd Street | Promotional photo

Grab a date or take a break from studying and catch a play this semester. "42nd Street," an American Dream story at ASU Gammage from April 5-10. If this date doesn't work for you, ASU Gammage will play many other shows this semester.

Read more: An abridged history of Mill Avenue: The grandiose and worldly ASU Gammage

Vault over to the Sun Angel Classic

Photo by Becca Smouse | The State Press

Each year, ASU track and field surveys thousands of elite high school track athletes and invites them to compete in the Sun Angel Classic. On April 8, don’t miss your chance to see who could be the next best ASU track stars.

Read more: ASU track and field flies high at Sun Angel Classic

Bring your rally caps to ASU baseball

ASU baseball is looking for a chance to improve on last season’s disappointments. Join the rest of the Inferno and root for the Sun Devils as they host Arizona on April 12.

These are only ten of dozens of events to attend. If there isn’t enough variety here for you, check the ASU Event CalendarASU Athletics and ASU Gammage.

Read more: 'Inferno' student section to join ASU baseball in move to Phoenix Muni

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter.

×