From lawsuits to new dorms, here are the week's top stories.

Judges watch ASU freshman Justine Callis perform on the beam during a gymnastics meet against the University of Washington Huskies at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Ariz., on Monday, Jan. 18, 2015. The Huskies posted a 194.650-192.450 victory over the Sun Devils.

It's been a busy week. Classes are back in full swing and it's hard to keep up with the news. Take a few minutes to read through what you may have missed.

ASU student organization fights for on-campus interfaith prayer and meditation center

Photo by Johanna Huckeba | The State Press

As the nation's largest public university, ASU's student body has many religiously diverse groups. One club on campus, Sun Devils Are Better Together, is asking for a place on campus where people of all faiths can belong. Reporter Alexis Egeland spoke with the student organization and learned more about its mission.

Read more: Jack of all clubs: Sun Devils are Better Together

After a long wait, Palo Verde Main dorm gets an upgrade

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

Palo Verde Main was demolished last year and a new freshman dormitory will be built where a student dining hall once stood. Reporter Sydney Greene details the $120 million project that is set to complete in fall 2017.

Read more: ASU alumni help with construction of new College Avenue Commons

Artist Tato Caraveo blends simplicity and eccentricity in an art-filled life

Photo by Celina Jimenez | The State Press

Phoenix artist Tato Caraveo got his start with street graffiti in the 90s. Since then, he and his art have evolved into something beautiful. Reporter Celina Jimenez profiles the artist and learns more about the story behind his treasured oil paintings.

Read more: 5th Street Paint Supply opens, caters to Phoenix art community

Should win, could win and will win predictions for the 2016 Oscars

Photo by Courtesy | StudioCanal

The nominations have been released. Do you have any predictions? Reporter Tanner Stechnij lists out his predictions for one of the best years in film.

Read more: Why the lack of diversity in the Oscars is a disservice to films

Stories we think you'll love:

How much of this week's news do you know?

Photo by J. Bauer-Leffler | The State Press

Have you been keeping up with the news? Take State Press' first news quiz of the semester.

ASU Air Traffic Management grad sues FAA, alleging discrimination

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

ASU alumnus Andrew Brigida is an air traffic management graduate. Brigida is now a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration, claiming the organizations have racially discriminated against him and others. Reporter Arren Kimbel-Sannit explains Brigida's involvement in the lawsuit and what it means for other air traffic management students.

Overcoming sickness and injury exemplifies Sophie Brunner's leadership

One trait ASU women's basketball junior forward Sophie Brunner has a lot of is perseverance. Brunner seems to live by the phrase "no pain no gain." Reporter Ryan Clarke tells the story of Brunner and her commitment to the game of basketball.

Read more: Sophie Brunner developing into triple threat for ASU women's basketball

A Sun Devil's guide to gymnastics

Photo by Reilly Kneedler | State Press

Are you itching to go to a gymnastics meet, but don't know the first thing about it? Don't worry. Sports editor Logan Newman has put together a guide for you.

Read more: ASU gymnastics focus on confidence heading into Oklahoma meet

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter.

×