ASU's students will get a chance to see their best local DJs, and possibly a fellow classmate, compete for a chance at the title of best college DJ on Thursday.

This opportunity will be made available through Campus DJ, which was co-founded by Evan Shapiro.

“Campus DJ is the only intercollegiate search for the top college DJs and music producers in the nation,” Shapiro said. “Campus DJ is a platform for college DJs and music producers to compete in each market and showcase alongside special guest judges and headlining performances.”

The show, which is being held at the Desert Arboretum Park on ASU's Tempe campus at 7 p.m. After the competition, guest judges Elephante and Lost Kings will be present, but only Elephante will bust out some sick beats for students to enjoy. 

“(Elephante) is a quickly rising star,” Shapiro said. “The ASU DJs actually face off, playing short sets, competing. Then (Elephante) is also headlining. Who is pretty big.”

The winner of the completion will open for Lost Kings on Friday night at the Maya Day and Nightclub in Scottsdale. They will also move on to the next round of the competition. While this year’s national prizes have yet to be announced, prior winners have taken home $10,000 and more, according to Campus DJ’s website.

“I think ASU has always produced pretty solid college DJ talent, in regards to the ASU campus DJ portion,” Shapiro said.

“I think that’s cool that (Campus DJ) is giving the opportunity for all these college DJs to come and show their talents and submit it for others to see,” medical studies freshman Laura Tran said.

SPRING KICKOFF is here!!!Arizona State University will be hosting a FREE #CampusDJ battle on FEB 11 with headliner...

Posted by Campus DJ on Friday, January 29, 2016

Previous Campus DJ shows on the ASU campus have had special guests such as MAKJ and Cash Cash. The nationwide search was first founded in 2012 and runs its annual tour nationally from February through June. Any current undergraduates at any college or university are allowed to compete.

“I think it’s a great opportunity for people who have talents," criminal justice senior Chelsea Borders said. "I think a lot of people can do things electronically that other people can’t. So those modifications are really, you know? What’s the word? Talent. Another really interesting talent that not everybody possesses. I don’t know what to do with half the buttons they have.”

This will be Campus DJ’s third year at ASU. For more information regarding the show, go to Campus DJ's Facebook event page. The event is free of charge.

ShadeZ and DJ AmBeat work like student athletes, perform like it's a party

Phoenix Lights music festival to bring world's No. 1 DJ to Downtown campus

Reach the arts reporter at drsmit19@asu.edu or follow @Maxx_Lazerblast on Twitter.

×