7 Humans of New York posts about life and college

Brandon Stanton, the Humans of New York photographer, will visit ASU on April 6

'Humans of New York: Stories' by Brandon Stanton is pictured on top of an ASU flag Tuesday, April 5, 2016. Brandon Stanton is coming to the ASU Tempe campus on Wednesday, April 6, 2016, at 6pm on the Barrett Lawn on the Tempe campus.

Brandon Stanton, the man behind the camera of your favorite Facebook posts and coffee table books, has made the lives of daily New Yorkers go viral since 2010 with his famous photo project, Humans of New York.

For those unfamiliar, HONY is a growing catalogue of man-on-the-street style interviews with eclectic pedestrians in the Big Apple.

Within six years, the project has garnered over 17 million Facebook likes, a New York Times No. 1 Bestselling book title and even a spin off project here at the State Press.

Wednesday evening, Stanton will visit ASU’s Tempe campus for a bring-your-own-blanket event in which students can interact with the photographer — and perhaps get their own photo taken.

Here are seven HONY posts that many college students can relate to:

“I turned thirty-five recently. Everything is one big question for me right now. My dog died in January. I quit my...

Posted by Humans of New York on Friday, March 18, 2016

“I grew up in a blue collar family. My dad was a printer—a union guy. So he didn’t have the financial resources to pay...

Posted by Humans of New York on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

“We started out just hooking up but then it got serious and that was weird so we stopped dating for awhile, but then we...

Posted by Humans of New York on Sunday, January 17, 2016

"I'm not very good at comforting people. They're like: 'I'm having a horrible day.' And I'm like: 'Oh.'"

Posted by Humans of New York on Monday, June 1, 2015

"My husband died of cancer 18 months ago. But every day I still get to see his smile, his kindness, and his sense of humor."

Posted by Humans of New York on Thursday, May 28, 2015

“I’m trying to go back to college. We took a class trip to the museum recently for my Italian history class. Everyone else in my class is 19 or 20. I felt a little weird.”

Posted by Humans of New York on Saturday, May 9, 2015

“We met freshman year in ES142. It was an Engineering By Design class. We were just friends for the next two years. ...

Posted by Humans of New York on Monday, May 4, 2015

The event will take place on Barrett Lawn at 6 p.m. It’s free and open to the public.

Related links:

“Humans of New York” meets downtown Phoenix in new blog

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×