ASU vs Texas Tech: By the numbers

What numbers stood out in the Sun Devils' win over the Red Raiders? Bet you can guess a couple.

Junior running back Kalen Ballage stiff arms Texas Tech senior Thierry Nguema on Sept. 10, 2016 at Sun Devil Stadium,  in Tempe, Arizona.
Junior running back Kalen Ballage stiff arms Texas Tech senior Thierry Nguema on Sept. 10, 2016 at Sun Devil Stadium, in Tempe, Arizona.

8

Touchdowns by junior running back Kalen Ballage. In his effort, Ballage set the ASU and Pac-12 records for touchdowns in a game and tied the 26-year old FBS record set by former University of Illinois running back Howard Griffith against Southern Illinois.

15

Offensive touches for Ballage, meaning over half of his touches ended with him celebrating in the end zone. For comparison, Griffith needed 21 carries in his eight touchdown game.

2

Career interceptions by redshirt senior cornerback Gump Hayes, both grabbed last night. The first of the two picks led to Ballage's seventh touchdown and a 17-point ASU lead that essentially put the game away.

5

Possessions started by Texas Tech inside its own 10-yard line. On those five possessions, the Red Raiders scored on just one, punted twice and turned the ball over twice.

1

Career receiving touchdown for freshman N'Keal Harry, who caught the first of his career on the first score of the game. Harry had a 34-yard rushing touchdown against NAU and has 10 catches for 103 yards over his first two career outings.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow @Tonis_The_Tiger on Twitter.

×