ASU police investigating indecent exposure near Hassayampa

The suspect, who may have been involved in another incident this month, has not been found

ASU Police cruiser
An ASU police cruiser turns from Mill Avenue onto 5th Street on Oct. 19, 2014.

A male suspect reportedly exposed himself to two women who were sitting in a car near Hassayampa Monday night, according to a crime alert tweeted by ASU police.

The incident may be related to another indecent exposure that occurred on Feb. 2, ASU police spokesperson Katy Harris said, in which a subject followed a student into the Tyler Street parking structure and exposed himself before fleeing.

"There was a case from a few weeks back where another suspect had the buzzed haircut … this guy also reportedly had a buzz-cut so it’s possible that they could be related," she said.

Monday's suspect, who was seen walking westbound on Lemon Street near the Hassayampa dorm at 10 p.m., is described as a white male in his early 30s with an unknown height and average build and a clean shaven buzz-cut hairstyle, according to the alert.

The suspect from the incident earlier this month was also described as a white male with a medium build and a "buzzed" haircut, according to a crime alert sent out at the time of the incident.  

Harris said the two females reported the incident through a mobile ASU police app on Monday.

"The girls who reported it actually used the LiveSafe mobile app to talk to dispatch," she said. "I know students get a little weary about actually calling 911 and talking to a dispatcher." 

Harris also said ASU police is increasing car and bike patrols around the southwest part of campus in response to the incident.

"We’re glad that they reported it and we're just hoping that people keep their eyes open and keep reporting stuff when it pops up like this," she said.

Reach the reporter at angel.n.mendoza@asu.edu or follow @niceledes on Twitter.

×