Pac-12 Power Rankings: Is anyone in the Pac-12 good?

This week's Pac-12 rankings

uw3.jpg
ASU sophomore wide-reciever N'Keal Harry (1) is shoved out of bounds just shy of the endzone in the second half of ASU's 13-7 win over Washington on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona.

Everything we thought we knew was wrong. Both Washington schools lost in an embarrassing fashion, while Arizona looks much better than advertised. ASU shocked people with an amazing defensive game and USC continues to do just enough to win.

Graphic published on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017.

1. USC Trojans (6-1, 4-1 Pac-12)

The Trojans just cannot seem to put a complete game together, but here they are atop the rankings. Even in the team's uneven 28-27 win over Utah, quarterback Sam Darnold was excellent, throwing for 358 yards and three scores. 

2. Washington Huskies (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12)

What a pitiful performance from Washington in a 13-7 loss to ASU. The offense had a lackluster showing, and the special teams were disappointing as well, failing to make two short field goals. UW had better hope that game was just an aberration, because if not then its CFB Playoff hopes could be in trouble. 

3. Stanford Cardinal (5-2, 4-1 Pac-12)

Quietly, Stanford rises back to the top of the Pac-12. Running back Bryce Love keeps up his ridiculous season, rushing for 147 yards and two touchdowns in a 49-7 win over Oregon.

4. Washington State Cougars (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12)

Everything was going so well for the Cougars. Then they traveled to play Cal and got pounded 37-3. Quarterback Luke Falk's five interceptions certainly did not help. 

5. Arizona Wildcats (4-2, 2-1 Pac-12)

The Wildcats have an impressive quarterback, which showed in their 47-30 win over UCLA. Khalil Tate has rushed for 557 yards in the past two games and has transformed Arizona's season. Tate will give Pac-12 defensive coordinators fits all year.

6. Arizona State Sun Devils (3-3, 2-1 Pac-12)

In a 13-7 win over then-No. 5 Washington, the ASU defense played extremely well. Holding the Huskies to just 230 total yards was remarkable, as well as the game-sealing play from the offense.

7. California Golden Bears (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12)

The Bears finally put together a complete game in their slaughtering of WSU. Cal took care of the ball in this game, not turning it over once, while the Cougars committed seven turnovers. 

8. Utah Utes (4-2, 1-2 Pac-12)

Utah fought hard on the road against USC, losing when they failed to convert a two-point conversion with less than a minute left. The Utes will have a tougher-than-expected test against ASU on Saturday. 

9. Oregon Ducks (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12)

Quarterback Justin Herbert's absence has been really detrimental to Oregon's success. In the past two games, the Ducks have lost by a combined score of 82-17 without Herbert. The Ducks need Herbert back as soon as possible.  

10. Colorado Buffaloes (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12)

The good news for the Buffaloes is that they picked up their first conference win. The bad news is they had to squeak by Oregon State 36-33 to do so. 

11. UCLA Bruins (3-3, 1-3 Pac-12)

The Bruins' defense was miserable in a 47-30 loss to UA. UCLA was gashed for 457 rushing yards, 230 coming from quarterback Khalil Tate. Quarterback Josh Rosen had a night to forget with three interceptions. 

12. Oregon State Beavers (0-4, 1-6 Pac-12)

It was so close, yet so far away for the Beavers, who lost to Colorado 36-33 on a missed field goal. It was an admirable game from OSU, considering previous coach Gary Andersen quit last week. 

Reach the reporter at mpharri7@asu.edu or follow @Harris_Mark7 on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×