Video: The State Press analyzes ASU basketball's win over Colorado

State Press reporter Anthony Totri breaks down ASU basketball's win over Colorado

_MG_2936.jpg

ASU junior forward De'Quon Lake (35) dunks the ball in a game against Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona on Saturday Jan. 27, 2018. The Sun Devil's won the game 80-66.

State Press reporter Anthony Totri analyzes the ASU men's basketball team's win against Colorado. Totri talks about the strong post presence in the first half and the success from the three-pointers late in the game.

Anthony Totri — Reporter:

The Sun Devils just sent the Colorado Buffaloes home packing after an 80-66 victory, all thanks to the three ball. Except the end of the first half the Sun Devils were 0-10 from behind the arc

However, the second half it was all Shannon Evans, Kodi Justice and Tra Holder. Tra, Shannon each had four three-(pointers). Kodi had one himself, but at the end of the first half it was guys like Romello White and De'Quon Lake that kept them in the game with their post presence down low and their defense. 

ASU, they looked like the non-conference team. They forced 17 turnovers tonight and they were running up and down the court creating offensive opportunities that fans haven't seen since maybe like that Kansas game

At the end of the day, the Sun Devils looked like the No. 21 team in the country, but who knows after losing to Utah on Thursday there is no telling where the Sun Devils may fall. However, one thing is for sure the Sun Devils will face Washington on February 1

Reporting for the State Press, I'm Anthony Totri.

Reach the reporter at kmarlin1@asu.edu or follow @kynan_marlin on Twitter.

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×