The ASU Open Door event is a two month long series of scientific demonstrations and experiments available to students and families alike. For the past 6 years, ASU has partnered with the Arizona Science and Tech Festival to create a free fair for people to experience science. 

In this episode, Griffin Sandidge speaks with ASU Senior Coordinator of University Events, Teri Candelaria, Manager of Media Relations for the School of Life Sciences, Sandra Leander, and PhD candidate George Brusch

They talk about the types of demonstrations that will available as well as the exciting opportunities that SLS is offering. Throughout the course of the event, Reptile Row has proven to be one of the biggest hits. 

Entering the School of Life Sciences, children will see the large variety of reptiles the school possesses. If you are excited to see the type of science ASU is most proud of, you can stop by the Tempe campus this Saturday, Feb. 24, from 1 - 6 pm.

Previous episodes:

Dorks Estate: Discovering our universe with the Giant Magellan Telescope

Dorks Estate: Waymo announces new wave of fully self-driving cars coming to Phoenix

Dorks Estate: How Stranger Things' Duffer Brothers fuse practical and visual special effects

Follow the host @revanator27 on Twitter.

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter. 

×