Getting to know ASU's student government presidents: the Polytechnic campus

Julia Anderson has led the Polytechnic student government for one year

After Hour_PolyUSG.jpg
Graphic published on Thursday, March 29, 2018.

Last week, USG Downtown President Jackson Dangremond was on After Hour and discussed his life as president. 

This week, Polytechnic President Julia Anderson joins the show for a chat. 

Anderson is a double major in english and history, and has been president of Poly for a year.

When asked about the personality of her campus, Anderson says it’s “quietly intelligent.”

“The students at Poly are a little bit more reserved, I think, than most of the other campuses. But they’re kind, they’re smart, they’re funny, you just have to get to know them,” she said.

According to Anderson, the Poly campus has seen growth in its social scene over the years, but it maintains a quiet and unique atmosphere.

“It’s a very just calming environment, there’s beautiful trees, plants, wildlife, it’s a beautiful campus,” she says.

She says the thing she’s most proud of accomplishing during her time in office was making the the Western Undergraduate Exchange scholarship more accessible to students.

“I was really happy about that cause it kinda happened like right when my term started and it was just great to accomplish something that will impact students for a while,” she said.

The Poly president says she gets frustrated at times because of the hectic nature of her job, but she says it’s worth it.

“At the end of the day it’s making ASU a better experience for students and that’s what I signed up for,” she said.

Anderson is not seeking re-election as she he will be graduating this semester.

To contact ASU's Polytechnic Student Government visit: usgpoly.com

Previous episodes:

After Hour: Getting to know ASU's student government presidents: Downtown

After Hour: Author and ASU student discusses overcoming depression

After Hour: DACA recipient discusses growing up and the protests that landed her in jail

Follow the host @westfallaustin on Twitter.

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter. 

×