Student government candidates announced

Campaigning has officially begun as the candidates were announced today

38827_voter_guidef.jpg

As of Tuesday, campaigning has officially begun for the 2018 candidates for student government.

Applications opened on Feb. 1 and closed on Feb. 23. Candidates have two weeks to campaign before election days on March 27 and 28. The results of the election will be announced March 29.

Here are the candidates for the 2018 student government elections.

Downtown Phoenix campus:

Yasmin Alvarado is running for Senator of Barrett, the Honors College. Abigail Beaman is running for Senate for the College of Nursing & Health Innovation. Veronica Galvin is running for Senate for the Cronkite School. 

Aly Perkins, Laila Kabongi and Angelica Cabral are running for the executive ticket for the downtown Phoenix campus.

Polytechnic campus:

Connor Kolb Celaya and Jakob Kehr are running for Senate. Jack Baker is running for Senate for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Rebecca Trisko is running for Senate for the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College. Luke Whelan-Gonzales is running for Senate for the W.P. Carey School of Business. 

Daniel Pasco, Aki Olambiwonnu and Robert Roxy are running for the executive ticket as well as Dosa Abbasher, Mikayla Castillo and Kyle Hohmann.

Tempe campus:

Nicole Morote and Rob McCutcheon are running for Senate for Barrett, the Honors College. Maxim Quint is running for Senate for the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts. Joash Ospino, Niccolo Giambanco, Chaz Simmons, Tevinh Nguyen and Carla Naranjo are running for Senate for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. Cathy La is running for Senate for the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts

Fatima Rahim and Henry Han are running for Senate for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Varun Susarla is running for Senate for the School for the Future of Innovation in Society. Elyse Kats is running for Senate for the School of Sustainability. Andres Amesquita and Muhammad Haris Hanif are running for Senate for the W.P. Carey School of Business.

Allison Sorgeloos, Logan Miller and John Gimenez are running for the executive ticket.

West campus:

Natasha Snider is running for Senate for Barrett, the Honors College. Lizet Salgado Antunez is running for Senate for the College of Nursing and Health Innovation. Jakob Salazar is running for Senate for the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.

Alexander Haw, Melany Hernandez and James Benado Smasch are running for the executive ticket against Leilani Viscaina, Noah Hawks and Jake Ormond.

Graduate & Professional Students Association:

Petrit Gashi is running for assembly. Fred Agbemade and Christian Ross are running for assembly for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Humanities. Tara Bautista and Priyanka Chatterjee are running for assembly for the College of Nursing & Health Innovation. Soraya Jennings and Daniel Sanchez are running for assembly for the College of Public Service and Community Solutions. Ishan Garg and Alexander Meszler are running for assembly for the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts. 

Siddhu Immadisetty, Madhan Kumar Arulanandam, Kodanda Phani Raj Dandamudi, Biran Atwal and Varun Nalam are running for assembly for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Wenxi Yang, Yodennis Rodriguez and Courtney Gutierrez are running for assembly for the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences. 

Grant Frazier, Chance East, Hannah Phalen and Carolina Lopez are running for assembly for the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Brittany McCall is running for assembly for the School for the Future of Innovation in Society. Nicholas Weller is running for assembly for the School of Sustainability. Alwin Dsouza is running for assembly for the W. P. Carey School of Business.

Michelle Sullivan and Rio de Leon are running for GPSA President. 

Sarah Geren and Carlita Cotton are running for VP of External Affairs.

Alyssa M. Sherry is running for VP of Internal Affairs.

Amelia Miholca is running for VP for Professional Development.

Voting takes place on March 28 and 29.

Reach the reporters at flatifi@asu.edu or follow @fortesalatifi on Twitter.

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×