Chick-fil-A is relaunching its All You Can Eat Nugget Night

ASU students and Tempe residents will be lining up for unlimited Chick-fil-A on Thursday

Chick-Fil-A (1 of 4).jpg

ASU freshman Rushal Butala eats Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets at the Chick-Fil-A on University Drive, in Tempe, Arizona, on Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.

There may be nothing better than eating copious amounts of Chick-fil-A nuggets and on Thursday Oct. 25, the Tempe community and ASU students will have their chance.

The All You Can Eat Nugget Night event at the Chick-fil-A on University Drive and Mill Avenue starts at 6 p.m. and anyone with a wristband can have unlimited 12-count nuggets, waffle fries and medium drink refills within an hour time slot for $14 plus tax.

The offer is dine-in only and no sharing is allowed, according to the event's Facebook page. 

Brandon Barrett, the franchise owner of the Chick-fil-A on University Drive and Mill Avenue, said the All You Can Eat Nugget Night started three years ago and the University Drive location is the only branch in Arizona that does this event.

"It cost us to do the event, but we view it as a marketing investment, and something fun for our customers," Barrett said.

Barrett said people usually arrive early and wait to line up outside. The first 200 people in line get seated immediately at 6 p.m., while the next rounds of customers will be seated at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively. 

Starting this year, the Chick-fil-A on University Drive is open until midnight from Monday to Saturday and offers a new mobile service for Tempe residents.

"We are only one of two stores testing a mobile delivery service through our Chick-fil-A app," Barrett said. "It's a two-mile radius around the Tempe location only, and it's cheaper because we are not raising the item price, just adding a delivery fee unlike other companies."

The regular restaurant will be open for customers who do not want to participate during the All You Can Eat Nugget Night.

Barrett said this event is primarily marketed toward college students, and the date was chosen so students know where the Chick-fil-A is located and can have fun before the end of the semester.

"It's not only about the people and communities we serve but the employees," Barrett said. "We understand most of our employees are there only for a season and are mostly college students. We want to give them a flexible place to work to gain leadership skills."

Over 5,700 Chick-fil-A team members have received $14.65 million in Chick-fil-A academic scholarships in 2018 alone, according to the company's website.

Isaias Sotelo, an ASU sophomore majoring in global health, has been a team member at Chick-fil-A for seven months and will be participating in this event for the first time. He said the event is so big that there will be employees from the Mesa Riverview location helping as well.

"Hopefully I'm going to get (through) four boxes of fries and maybe 50 or more nuggets," Sotelo said.

Sotelo's favorite thing on menu right now is the chicken tortilla soup. "We typically serve American food and to have something with more spice and flavor to it is something I enjoy," he said.

Akeel Kalik, a sophomore majoring in medical studies, has been working as a  Chick-fil-A team member for three months and will be working the event. He will be in charge of the dining rooms and checking on guests during the event.

"I'm most worried about running out of sauce," Kalik said. "Some Tuesdays we'll run out of buffalo or ranch. People always have a specific taste for sauce."

Reach the reporter at mdhunte2@asu.edu or follow @masaihuntertv on Twitter.

×