Potential Sun Devil prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft

N'Keal Harry headlines a class of possibly three Devils that could be selected

SunDevilDraft

ASU then-junior wide receiver N’Keal Harry (1) talks with a University of Oregon player after ASU's 31-29 loss to the Oregon Ducks in Eugene, Oregon, on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018.

As many as three Sun Devils could be picked in next week's NFL Draft. N'Keal Harry, Manny Wilkins and Renell Wren look to be some of the top prospects coming out of Tempe.

Here are some of the teams that are projected to select the former Sun Devils.

N'Keal Harry - Wide Receiver 

Harry's projected draft stock falls between the late first round and the late second round. Harry can be expected to provide an immediate impact for any team. He finished his collegiate career with 213 receptions, 2,889 receiving yards and 22 touchdowns.

Harry's 4.53-second 40-yard dash time and 38.5-inch vertical at the NFL Combine in March impressed scouts, cementing his position as a first- or second-round pick in nearly every mock draft.

The former ASU star has been reported meeting with various teams over the past weeks, including the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks and the Arizona Cardinals among others.

• Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) - 34th overall - Indianapolis Colts
  • CBS Sports (R.J. White) - 27th overall - Arizona Cardinals (through mock trade with Oakland Raiders)
  • The Big Lead (Liam McKeone) - 30th overall - Green Bay Packers
  • WalterFootball.com (Staff) - 67th overall - San Francisco 49ers
  • 247 Sports (Lance Cartelli) - 32nd overall - New England Patriots
  • NBC Sports Washington (Ben Standig) - 37th overall - New York Giants

Manny Wilkins - Quarterback

Due to a Grade 3 MCL tear Wilkins suffered in his final game against Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl, he was unable to attend the NFL Combine along with Harry.

Nonetheless, he was able to make that up with his performance at ASU's pro day. He clocked in at about 4.75 seconds in the 40-yard dash and showed off his arm in front of NFL scouts.

The former Sun Devil quarterback threw for 8,624 yards and 52 passing touchdowns in his four years at the school.

Wilkins has not appeared on many mock drafts, likely due to the volume of talented gunslingers in this year's draft. However, CBS Sports analyst Lance Zierlein has Wilkins going somewhere in the final two rounds.

• CBS Sports (Lance Zierlein) - Round 6 or 7

Renell Wren - Defensive End

Wren started off slow in his career with the Sun Devils, but made a major impact in his final year, putting himself on the NFL radar.

He collected 43 total tackles and 4.5 tackles for loss in his senior campaign. Wren had 81 total tackles and 14.5 tackles for loss in his four years in the maroon and gold.

Mock drafts have Wren going anywhere from the second round to as late as the fifth round.

• CBS Sports (R.J. White) - 95th overall - New York Giants (through mock trade with New England Patriots)
  • WalterFootball.com (Charlie Campbell) - 157th overall - Tennessee Titans
  • 247 Sports (Lance Cartelli) - 58th overall - Dallas Cowboys

Reach the reporter at jhorst2@asu.edu and follow @HorseySeven on Twitter.

Jeffrey HorstDigital editor-in-chief

Jeffrey Horst is the digital editor-in-chief of The State Press. He previously served as the publication's sports editor and worked at Cronkite News and ArizonaSports.com.

×