ASU football team will feature on HBO Sports' 24/7 College Football series

The series will showcase the team's preparation leading up to game day

ASUHBOseries.jpg

ASU's football team celebrates a win after its home opening game against Kent State on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona. ASU won 30-7.

ASU's football team is one of four that will be featured on HBO Sports' new 24/7 College Football series this October, according to HBO PR. 

Along with Arizona State, Florida, Penn State and Washington State will be featured on the new college football spin of the Emmy award winning franchise 24/7, Rick Bernstein, executive producer of HBO Sports, announced Wednesday.   

"For many years, we have been enamored with the storylines and unrivaled traditions of college football, and we’re excited for the opportunity to expand the 24/7 franchise into the realm of college sports,” Bernstein said in a press release. “Viewers will feel the tremendous electricity of some of the best atmospheres in the country, and see the meticulous preparation and challenges facing these programs in the build-up to game day and during the game action."

"24/7 College Football" will debut Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET with an hour-long special showcasing the Florida Gators. It will run for four straight weeks, concluding on Oct. 23 with the Washington State Cougars

Arizona State's episode is scheduled to be aired on Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10:00 ET. The episode will chronicle the game week preparation of ASU in the lead up to its home matchup with Washington State on Oct. 12.

The series will be narrated by Liev Schreiber, the voice of the 24/7 and HARD KNOCKS specials on HBO Sports. In collaboration, Lucky 27 Media and Sport & Story will also contribute to the project.

Sport & Story’s Bo Mattingly, who has a notable track record in producing several college football television series, is an executive producer of the show.

"We are thrilled to be a part of such a prestigious and award-winning HBO franchise, and work with some of the most talented people in the industry," Mattingly said in a press release. "This is a great opportunity to showcase college football and we appreciate the access these schools have given us for this landmark series."

Reach the reporter at jhorst2@asu.edu and follow @HorseySeven on Twitter.

Jeffrey HorstDigital editor-in-chief

Jeffrey Horst is the digital editor-in-chief of The State Press. He previously served as the publication's sports editor and worked at Cronkite News and ArizonaSports.com.

×