ASU soccer remains winless in Pac-12 play falling to Buffaloes

ASU gave up another early goal en route to their fourth loss in their last five matches

ASU Womens Soccer vs Utah, Sep 27,2019

ASU freshman midfielder and forward Dai Williams (24) prepares to dribble the ball during ASU's 2-2 draw against Utah in Tempe, Arizona on Friday, Sept. 27, 2019.

ASU soccer (6-6-3) remained winless in Pac-12 play on Saturday,  losing to Colorado (10-4-1) 2-1. 

The Sun Devils continued their bad habit of letting up early goals, as the Buffaloes scored in the 2nd minute of action. Prior to its scoreless tie last weekend versus No. 6 Washington State, ASU had allowed an early goal in each of its three previous games. 

ASU’s lone goal came from freshman midfielder/forward Dai Williams in the 78th minute when she rocketed in a beautiful kick from well outside the penalty box.

Through six Pac-12 games, ASU sits in the cellar of the Pac-12 with a dismal 0-4-2 conference record.  With only five games left in the season, ASU will have to turn things around quickly if they would like their preseason aspirations to come to fruition. 

Next up,  ASU will look to gain its first conference win versus Oregon State on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 5 p.m. MST.

Reach the reporter at ltochter@asu.edu and follow @Leo_Toch on Twitter.

×