Video: ASU competes at the 34th annual Friendship Games

Over 40 universities competed this past weekend for the annual Friendship Games at Cal State Fullerton

ASU PASA at Friendship Games

ASU's Philippine American Student Association participated at California State University Fullerton's Annual Friendship Games in Fullerton, California on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019.

The competition was tough for ASU's Philippine American Student Association, who recently competed at California State University, Fullerton for the Friendship Games. This event started in 1985, featuring over 40 Pilipinx American Student organizations from college campuses representing California, Nevada and Arizona participating in a day of friendly but competitive picnic games, performances and to celebrate “S.P.U.F” – Spirit, Pride, Unity and Friendship. ASU did not come out victorious, however, the experience strengthened their family bond and fueled them to come back next year better than ever. 

Last Summer by Ikson:  http://www.soundcloud.com/ikson  

Music promoted by Audio Library: https://youtu.be/n2oTA5JSk80

Kenzel Williams

Friendship Games is when a bunch of Filipino Clubs come together and celebrate being Filipino. And just be friends with each other, have fun and compete. 

I wanted to come to Friendship Games because I wanted to hang out with ASU PASA and just celebrate being Filipino. 

What happens at FG? There is a ton of interesting games: there is one that is called The Nasty. There is that game and there are performances too like dance groups and there was Jeremy Passion that performed, so it was just a ton of fun.

My favorite part of FG was when we won. We were supposed to win the Groundhog game, but they disqualified us. They were just being mean to us, but we still think we are number one anyways.

I really like how lively everyone is. Everyone is just embracing themselves, embracing their groups and their cultures, and everyone is just having a good time. 

Reach the reporter at daprest2@asu.edu or follow @drakeprestoo on Twitter.

×