ASU football running back Eno Benjamin declares for NFL Draft

The junior recorded 2,867 rushing yards and 27 rushing touchdowns during his career

ASU vs. Utah

ASU junior running back Eno Benjamin (3) breaks a tackle in the second half against Utah on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City.

ASU junior running back Eno Benjamin announced he will forgo his senior year of NCAA eligibility and declare for the 2020 NFL Draft via Instagram Wednesday morning. 

"I want to thank Coach Herm (Edwards) and every other coach that has contributed to my success on and off the field," Benjamin wrote in the post. "Choosing ASU was the best decision of my life & I'll never regret it."

The Wylie, Texas native finished the 2019 regular season with more than 1,000 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns on 253 carries.

β€œIt has been my pleasure to coach Eno these last two seasons. His contributions to this university cannot be understated, and that goes beyond his historical performances on the field," Edwards said. "Eno exemplifies everything we hope to achieve with the young men that come through this program, and I look forward to seeing him represent Arizona State at the next level.”

Over the duration of his three-season career at ASU, Benjamin accumulated 2,867 rushing yards, 27 touchdowns, and 576 carries in 35 games played.

View this post on Instagram

God Bless. πŸ™πŸΎ |πŸ”‹

A post shared by Eno Benjamin (@benjamin_5) on

Benjamin recorded 15 career 100-yard rushing games, the fourth-most in ASU football history. Nine of those games came during his sophomore season.

Following the 2018 campaign, Benjamin was named as an AP Third Team All-American, First Team Pac-12 All-Conference member, and was named the Team MVP at the end of the regular season. He was also renamed to the First Team Pac-12 All-Conference roster this past season.

The 2020 NFL Draft will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 23-25.

Reach the reporter at aklatsky@asu.edu and follow @averyklatsky on Twitter. 

×