Reports: Offensive coordinator Rob Likens will not return to ASU next season

On the heels of Saturday's win over UA, ASU football has made some coaching changes heading into its bowl game

__20191130 football vs UA 0838.jpg

ASU then-freshman quarterback Jayden Daniels (5) rushes the ball in the second half of the Territorial Cup on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019, at Sun Devil Stadium.

Less than 24 hours after defeating rival Arizona, ASU head coach Herm Edwards announced Sunday that offensive coordinator Rob Likens will not return next season, according to multiple reports.

Wide receivers coach Charlie Fisher and tight ends coach Donnie Yantis will also leave the program.

Sun Devil Source reported that running backs coach Shaun Aguano and offensive line coach Dave Christensen will act as co-offensive coordinators for ASU's bowl game.

Offensive analysts Derek Hagan and Kevin Mawae will work with wide receivers and tight ends, respectively.

Edwards cited a lack of consistent offensive output this season for the coaching shakeup.

Hired in 2016 as wide receivers coach, Likens was promoted to offensive coordinator after the 2017 season. This season, ASU's offense ranked 94th in FBS with 25.2 points per game. 

The program will look to fill the position after back to back winning seasons.

Reach the reporter at kmgianco@asu.edu and follow @Kaleb_Mart on Twitter.

×