San Jose Sharks sign ASU hockey defenseman Brinson Pasichnuk

The senior defenseman recorded 37 points in 36 games as one of the team's captains

20191022 hockey practice 0026

Senior defenseman Brinson Pasichnuk (39) watches a drill during practice on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019, at Oceanside Ice Arena in Tempe.

ASU hockey senior defenseman Brinson Pasichnuk has agreed to terms of a contract with the San Jose Sharks of the NHL, Sun Devil hockey announced on Twitter Monday.

Pasichnuk, a member of the program's first official recruiting class, recorded 37 points in 36 games for the Sun Devils last season, the third-most points on the team and third-most in the nation among defensemen.

The agreement to the terms does not state the contract begins this year, as multiple options have been created for Pasichnuk, including one where the first year of his entry-level contract could be burned if the 2019-2020 season were to continue, according to Frank Seravalli of TSN Sports.

The Bonnyville, Alberta native attended the Sharks' development camp during the offseason last summer alongside his older brother, Steenn, who also finished his senior season with ASU. 

Pasichnuk capped off his senior season by reaching the 100-point plateau in his second-to-last home game of his NCAA career, becoming the first player in program history to reach the mark, and recorded a hat trick the following evening on Senior Night in the final home game of the 2019-20 season at Oceanside Ice Arena.

Reach the reporter at aklatsky@asu.edu and follow @averyklatsky on Twitter. 

×