SP Playlist: Here’s what we’re listening to while social distancing

Our picks feature songs from artists whose shows were canceled or postponed due to the spread of COVID-19

Dam_RavikumarPlaylist-01.jpg

"Here are our picks for songs to listen to while social distancing." Illustration published on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. 

Many of us were looking forward to attending concerts by our favorite artists in the Valley this spring. Spanning across genres, musicians from the local scene and ones with international fame were planning on playing shows in Phoenix, with many of them hoping to continue to other cities as part of a national or international tour.

Unfortunately, the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. brought those plans to a halt, with dozens of shows being canceled or postponed until it's safe to convene for concerts again. 

But that doesn't mean that those artists are forgotten — now is a better time than ever to dive into the work of musicians who were hoping to showcase their efforts for their fans this spring. Here are our picks for songs to listen to while social distancing. 

This playlist features the work of indie rock artists like Soccer Mommy and Phoebe Bridgers, experimental musicians like Yves Tumor and Allie X, and plenty more. 

Sit back, relax and find a new favorite artist to listen to while social distancing with the playlist below. 

Reach the reporter at Vandana.Ravikumar@asu.edu and follow @vandana_rav on Twitter. 

×