ASU baseball announces 55-game schedule for 2021 season

Opening day for the Sun Devils is scheduled for Feb. 19 at home against San Jose State

20200223 baseball vs Boston College 0029

ASU junior infielder Gage Workman (14) celebrates after scoring against Boston College on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020, at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.

ASU baseball released its 2021 season schedule Friday afternoon. The team is slated to play 55 games but is looking to add one more, according to the team's announcement, which would reach the NCAA's maximum number of total games. Each Pac-12 team will play 30 conference games. 

Game dates and times are subject to change "due to the volatility of circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 crisis and in keeping with both local and national health recommendations and guidelines," according to the team's announcement. 

The Sun Devils are scheduled to start the season with 15 straight home games beginning on Feb. 19 against San Jose State. 

ASU's first road game will be at Oregon, which marks the start of the official conference schedule for ASU. However, the team will host Utah before then in a three-game slate classified by the announcement as a "non-conference series."

ASU has four games scheduled against rival No. 22 UA. The Sun Devils will host the Wildcats from April 1-3 and travel to Tucson on April 6. 

ASU's regular season concludes with a three-game series against No. 2 UCLA from May 27-29.

ASU finished its shortened 2020 season 13-4 after a rocky 2-3 start before the remainder of its games were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Reach the reporter at alexjweiner@gmail.com and follow @alexjweiner on Twitter.

×