COVID-19 cases continue decline for a second week

Positive cases within ASU students declined by 742 while faculty and staff declined by 59

22125 COVIDStock-4.jpg

Devils' drop-off saliva testing kits sit in a vending machine inside the Memorial Union on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022. Students can go to the vending machines and get testing kits for free.

Positive cases within the ASU community continue to decline to 1,089 according to a University update published Monday. This is an 801 decrease from last week's report of 1,890 known positive cases.

Cases among students have decreased to 956, which is 742 less cases than last week's reported number of 1,698. There are 133 positive cases among faculty and staff, a decrease of 59 from last week’s report.

Of the 956 positive cases among students, 26 students are in isolation on the Tempe campus and 12 are in isolation across the Downtown Phoenix, West and Polytechnic campuses. Though they were not included in the update as previously reported, 918 students are off-campus.

Administered COVID-19 tests within the ASU Community continue to decline to 9,055, which is 3,494 less than last week's number of 12,549.

The Arizona Department of Health Services reported 12,259 new COVID-19 cases across the state. The report also removed a death from their records.

Reach the reporter at kncasti1@asu.edu and follow @kristencasti11o on Twitter.

Kristen Apolline CastilloCommunity and Culture Editor

Kristen Apolline Castillo is the community and culture editor for The State Press. She has been working for the publication for two years, where she also reported for the desk.

×