Here are the results for the propositions from the 2022 Arizona midterm elections

Arizona had 10 ballot propositions on the ballot this election. Here is how each played out

Morgan_Kubasko_1117_politics-props-passed.png

With focuses on healthcare debt, campaign funding, in-state tuition, and other topics, 7 propositions  passed after Arizonans voted 'yes' this past election.

Students across Arizona turned out to vote through early ballots and in person on Nov. 8. Over a week after the ballot boxes closed, the results for all the Arizona ballot propositions have emerged. 

Proposition 128 – NO

After citizens voted against the passing of this proposition, the legislature will not be permitted to amend or repeal ballot initiatives that have already been voter-approved. The vote no means the Arizona constitution will not be amended. 

Proposition 129 – YES

This proposition amends the Arizona constitution to require all citizen ballot initiatives to have a single subject in the title. The removal of extra details to initiative headlines will simplify the ballot initiatives. 

Proposition 130 – YES 

The majority vote yes for Prop 130 means there will be an amendment to the Arizona Constitution to consolidate the constitution's property tax exemption provisions as well as to set certain property tax exemption amounts and qualifications. 

Proposition 131 – YES

Arizonans voted to create the position of lieutenant governor. This lieutenant governor would be elected on the same ticket as the governor and would take over the role if it became vacant.  

READ MORE: Voters can choose whether they want a lieutenant governor on Proposition 131

Proposition 132 – YES

The passing of this proposition means there will now be a constitutional amendment that requires a vote by 60 percent to pass ballot measures to approve taxes. 

Proposition 209 – YES

Citizens have declared that there will now be a limit on medical debt interest rates. This proposition will increase the value of people's property and assets exempt from tax collection. 

Healthcare Rising Arizona, one of the groups that sponsored Prop 209, celebrated the win on Twitter.

"We know from talking to people across the state that Arizonans need relief from medical debt, and we're so proud to see our members' hard work pay off with this victory!" The group tweeted.

Proposition 211 – YES

Prop 211 passing means that there will now be reform on campaign finances. Campaigns are now required to disclose the original source of money for contributions over $5,000. 

Proposition 308 – YES

Non-citizen students will now be allowed to apply for financial aid and receive in-state tuition if they graduated and attended an Arizona high school for at least two years. 

In a statement posted on Twitter, Arizona Board of Regents Chair Lyndel Manson celebrated the passage of Prop 308.

"The board has long voiced its support for increasing educational access for Arizona Dreamers and with the passage of this proposition, more students will attend and graduate from our universities, adding to Arizona's growing economy," Manson said.

READ MORE: Dreamers at ASU say Proposition 308 would expand access to higher education

Proposition 309 – NO

This proposition would have made voter identification more strict across the state. The proposition would have required the writing of birthdates, government-issued identification, and more. There will now be no revision to election voter ID rules. 

Proposition 310 – NO

Prop 310 would have imposed a 0.1 percent sales tax that would be dispersed to local fire districts. The sales tax will not be in place for fire districts at this time. 

Edited by Reagan Priest, David Rodish and Kristen Apolline Castillo.

Reach the reporter at alysa.horton@gmail.com and follow @alysa_horton on Twitter.

×