Echo from the stars: Weekly Horoscope Aug. 28

Horoscopes for each star sign for this week on campus

Lillian_Finley_082723_TheEcho-Zodiac-Horoscope.png

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week. 

College is a new and exciting journey that can be a little intimidating at first, especially when it comes to being put in an environment you are unfamiliar with. Whether you are just starting your academic journey as a freshman or if you are attending yet another year in college, you may need a guiding hand. Let a horoscope help you navigate the thorns and roses of the academic world this week!

Aries (Mar. 21 - Apr. 19) 

This week is all about productivity. Make every decision and choice with intention, as this will make life in college much easier to maintain. Don’t worry too much about setting a routine; it is not a linear process. It takes time to properly adjust to a new schedule and accomplish the projects or personal goals you aim to achieve. 

Leaving behind the comfort of family and friends to pursue your academic goals will prove difficult. But it is essential that you challenge yourself in order evolve from Mercury in retrograde. Your mind will be put to its limit and your patience will be tested at this time. The key is to stay grounded and remember the reasons you chose to start your academic journey.

Color of the week: White (Cleanse and Renewal)  

Taurus (Apr 20 - May 20) 

Let your imagination run wild this week. Whether it is a class assignment or a personal project, let your creative side take over and allow yourself to reach a new potential as a student. Just because you are tasked with something mundane, it doesn't mean you cannot be earnest in the projects you pursue. 

With Mercury in retrograde, starting this adventure may be daunting at first. Embrace your individuality and don't let your doubts hold you back. Your hard work will be recognized and this will make you eager to turn little projects and assignments into works of art. 

Color of the week: Orange (Happiness and Creativity)  

Gemini (May 21 - Jun. 20) 

Keep your core relationships close to you, but be open to taking the time to nurture new connections. If student life has caused you to lose touch with a family member, now is the time to reach out to them. If there is someone you are interested in getting to know, tell them they are on your mind. Do not be afraid to be transparent about your feelings. These conversations will benefit the both of you on a deeper level.

Having easygoing relationships in college is fun, but be careful. Because Mercury is in retrograde, there will be some misunderstandings in your inner circle. Take this as a sign to be honest with yourself and others in order to avoid any type of confusion. 

Color of the week: Pink (Compassion and Feeling)  

Cancer (Jun. 21 - Jul. 22) 

Focus on your personal growth. You may be exhausting your energy trying to help a loved one or a friend in need, but this is the time for you to step back. It is okay to stand on the sidelines and support your friends from afar. This is the time to prioritize your needs and get to know yourself outside of your desire to help others. Set aside time for self care to focus on recharging.

Be cautious of how you tell others because initially they may not take it well. Mercury is in retrograde, increasing sensitivity among your relationships. Be direct about why you are taking this journey of self-discovery in college and how you are prioritizing yourself during this exciting time in your life.  

Color of the week: Yellow (Intellect and Caution) 

Leo (Jul. 23 - Aug. 22) 

New friends are on the way but be sure to treasure these people. If they don’t fit in with your life at the moment, be honest and tell them. It is better to be honest than to string people along for the ride. Be yourself and the attraction will flow with friends and maybe more. 

Your charm may not be seen as admirable whilst Mercury is in retrograde, but take this as a sign to truly try to understand and connect to the people around you, even if you don't see them outside of class. Attempt to make lifelong friendships rather than relationships that are only beneficial in the short term. 

Color of the week: Blue (Trust and Loyalty)  

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sep. 22) 

You are riding a high this week, which is allowing you to be energetic and positive toward your academics and the people around you. Let this week show that you can rise above it all and take the good out of the bad. Share this infectious feeling with people around you who may need it. Sit next to someone in a lecture who looks like they may need someone to talk to or compliment someone's outfit while you walk to your next class.

Although Mercury is in retrograde, do not let others pull you down even when their energy draws you in. This may make you feel frustrated and like your kindness has been taken advantage of. Giving good energy to the right people is extremely rewarding and it will make you realize that you can share this energy even when your efforts are not fully recognized. 

Color of the week: Red (Anger and Passion)  

Libra (Sep. 23 - Oct. 22) 

This week is your time to reflect and recharge. Maintaining your social life has been chaotic and draining, especially during the first few weeks of college. As Mercury is in retrograde, it is important to re-evaluate who brings the most benefit to your life and from there, cut off any loose ends. Do not be afraid to be a little selfish, especially when you are prioritizing your mental health as a student.

As you grieve the people you cut ties with, let people know when you are struggling. There is no need to seclude yourself and make the healing process more painful. Mercury being in retrograde is going to force you into a slump, but keep persevering because the end goal is in sight.  

Color of the Week: Green (Growth and Harmony) 

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21) 

Be charitable. Provide a helping hand around your community and create the change you want to see at your University. You have been doing a lot for yourself recently, but now is the time to help others that may be struggling to adjust to college life. Everyone should have the privilege to experience the level of contentment and peace that you feel after such a big life change. 

It is time to share wealth. You might have to make sacrifices during this time due to Mercury being in retrograde, but it will be beneficial for you mentally in the end. You must focus your energy toward a good cause to make impactful change. 

Color of the week: Gold (Success and Prestige) 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21) 

Be confident in your intelligence and overall ability to get things done this week academically. Whatever has been on the back burner, work on it and you will see satisfying results. This is the time to strive for greatness in and outside of the classroom. Your dedication and newfound confidence will shine in your endeavors. 

You may be doubting your intellectual ability on account of Mercury being in retrograde, but don't let the doubt set in. Your studying will speak for itself and show your peers and professors that you are exceptional. 

Color of the week: Black (Power and Thrill) 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19) 

Be kind to the people in your circle. Someone may need help, but they don’t want to voice it directly to you. They are worried they will be a bother to you. If you sense something, do not be afraid to comfort your friend and tell them you are here for them. Let your intuition guide you into becoming a more reliable and better friend overall. 

Your attempt to aid may come off as fake but it is important to remind people you want to help, as it pains you to see others in pain. Mercury being in retrograde is going to misconstrue your intentions, so you need to voice your sincerity even if it takes time to be on the same page.

Color of the week: Brown (Friendliness and Trustworthiness) 

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18) 

Start interacting with people you normally wouldn’t in your new classes. You will soon be rewarded with classmates who will evolve into friends. You might be surprised by people you come across and how useful they can be on an emotional level and on an intellectual level. 

Don't assume the relationship is mutual in value. Be cautious and put in an effort to communicate, it is harder to read people while Mercury is in retrograde. Make sure that this relationship is funding your creativity bank as well as your emotional one. 

Color of the week: Purple (Mystery and Creativity)  

Pisces (Feb. 19 - Mar. 20) 

Open this week by prioritizing teamwork in class when you are assigned work in a group setting. These people are willing to put in the work as long as you participate as well. If you feel shy with new classmates, remember that being an open book is not a bad thing and it helps your peers understand who you are.  

You may be used to putting a barrier between friends in and out of school, but let this be an opportunity to intertwine the two. With Mercury in retrograde people may think of you as insincere and unwelcoming rather than being headstrong and focused, so make sure to be friendly and come across as light-hearted.  

Color of the week: Silver (Sophistication and Cold) 

Editor's Note: The dates for the star sign are from Ten Thousand Villages.

Edited Claire van Doren, Alexis Waiss and Shane Brennan.

Reach the reporter at sigarci8@asu.edu 

×