No. 1 in swiping: ASU wins Tinder challenge and free Saweetie concert for students

ASU students 'swiped' more than all 'Tinder U' universities and scored an exclusive concert for their efforts

saweetie-pic.jpg
Rapper and Singer Saweetie will be performing at the Arizona Financial Theatre on in downtown Phoenix on Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023.

"Icy Girl" and "Tap In" rapper Saweetie, alongside special guest Baby Tate, will perform a free, exclusive concert for ASU students on Nov. 11 after the University won Tinder's nationwide "Swipe Off" challenge.

The online dating app launched the challenge in September for users enrolled in "Tinder U" and tracked the colleges with the most swipe activity – "likes" and "nopes" – through the beginning of October.

"Tinder sees the highest influx of new 18-year-old members during freshman orientations, so with the Swipe-Off challenge, the brand encouraged students to 'Tap In' to the possibilities that come from meeting new people," a Tinder news release said.

The first 5,000 students with a Tinder account linked to ASU's Tinder U are eligible for a free ticket to the concert if they pre-register through the app and verify their school email. 

Admission is limited only to students enrolled in ASU's four main Valley campuses.

"Tinder is always working to match the vibrant energy of our college users. They form the core of our user base, and over the years, we've seen countless campus connections blossom into meaningful relationships," said Stephanie Danzi, senior vice resident of global marketing at Tinder.

The concert will be held at Arizona Financial Theater in downtown Phoenix on Saturday, Nov. 11. Doors will open at 7 p.m.

Edited by Shane Brennan, Jasmine Kabiri and Caera Learmonth.

Reach the reporter at greygartin@gmail.com and follow @greygartin on X.

×