ECHO FROM THE STARS: WEEKLY HOROSCOPE OCT. 2

Weekly horoscope for ASU students to help reveal what is in store for the star signs

Lillian_Finley_082723_TheEcho-Zodiac-Horoscope.png

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week. 

October has officially begun and the astrological signs are finding their way, so here is what to expect this academic week. 

Aries (March 21 - April 19)  

You may have experienced stress and anxiety recently, but this week is the time to acknowledge those emotions. You might have pushed away your problems in an attempt to get away, but accepting is the key to finding inner peace. Take time to truly feel what you have avoided, and your mind will relax.   

Mercury is in Virgo, which means you will feel recharged and ready to face your troubles that have happened recently. You can be very productive today, trying to finish assignments early or studying for any upcoming exams. The reward of efficiency is great and fulfilling, which is why you should start to plan ahead as opposed to waiting for things to come to you. 

Crystal of the week: Carnelian

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)  

This week, try to focus on what you can improve on in the classroom as well as your personal life. You want to be a better student, so now is the time to acknowledge your mistakes and grow from them. Don’t be too hard on yourself and give yourself praise where it is deserved. 

Mercury is in Virgo which means you will find motivation to learn and become more well-rounded in topics you are not familiar with. This is the time to learn more about the world around you and try to understand the people in it as well. In the process of learning, you might even create connections with like-minded individuals.

Crystal of the week: Ruby

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)  

You may have been struggling to find a reason to put effort into assignments and projects. It's been daunting and time consuming, but this week is the time to remember what and who this is all for. Finding success in your field could be a motivating factor for you. Continue to make the people around you proud and use this as an motivation to keep moving forward no matter how hard the road can be.  

Mercury is in Virgo which will lead to being persuasive. This can be used to benefit you in the near future. Use this skill wisely because you do not want to end up taking advantage of the people who mean the most to you. 

Crystal of the week: Malachite

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)  

This week, sort out your priorities in the decisions you make. Make sure you have gone through all of the scenarios before you decide to move forward with anything. Whether it's something as simple as choosing an outfit to wear or as difficult as deciding how to start a project, make sure you are looking at all the options. Maximizing your decision time will lead you to be more decisive in the future. 

Mercury is in Virgo which means you should be diving deep into your relationships and connections. Talk to your partner or friends and discuss things you have been nervous to bring up before. Look at your own motivations for being in the relationship and see how it affects you on a personal level. Do not be afraid to get "deep". You might even find some clarity.   

Crystal of the week: Moonstone

Leo (July 23 - Aug. 22)  

This week, strive for progress and not perfection in your work and studies. Your desire for perfection will only be a hindrance, so be patient and be content with the learning process. Remind yourself that everyone needs a little help sometimes and you are no different.  

Mercury is in Virgo which means you will find an incentive to get things done this week. Even if your school work seems like a chore, remember why you decided to further your academics and use this as a motivation to persevere. Take a few hours out of your week to focus mainly on work you have been putting off. 

Crystal of the week: Topaz

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sep. 22)  

This week, it’s important for you to accept your mistakes and work to correct them. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. Do not feel like you have failed. Instead, treat this as a reflection period. If you never bleed, you're never gonna grow. 

Mercury is in Virgo which means you could potentially make a connection with someone in the near future. Your ability to mirror body language or your ability to be empathetic will attract someone to you.  However you decide to go about this, you will be successful and you will find a person that will fit right into your hectic life.

Crystal of the week: Jade

Libra (Sep. 23 - Oct. 22)  

This week focus on the goals you wish to accomplish in the classroom. Keep your eyes on the prize and hone in on what can be achieved if you put in your best efforts. It may seem daunting at first but you will soon get used to this new routine, and find that it is very beneficial for you on a personal and emotional level.

Mercury is in Virgo which means you will have the urge to spend time with your friends. You have been reminiscing on old memories and now you feel the need to connect back with the people that mean the most. Be cautious about carving out too much time and make sure you still have time for other priorities. 

Crystal of the week: Star Sapphire

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21)  

This week, be proactive and make sure not to be distracted. You may feel a sense of laziness but do not let it become a routine. It is okay to step away from work for a little, just make sure you do not find yourself procrastinating the things that matter in college. No need to fall behind on your studies due to a moment of weakness so think about the pros and cons of completing something, and judge it from that point going forward. 

Mercury is in Virgo which will lead you to want to research more about things you're interested in. You want to become masterful at your craft, so now is the time to learn more about the things that truly make you happy in life.  

Crystal of the week: Aquamarine

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)  

This week, you will have a need to be confrontational. Do not let your emotions speak for themselves and make sure to keep them under wraps to avoid any sort of negative connotations. Be practical in your approaches whether it be toward a friend, lover or teacher. If you really want to speak your mind, go about it in a calm manner. 

Mercury is in Virgo which means you will have a strong urge to spend time with your significant other or tight-knit relationships. This person or people bring you pure joy and now is the time to fully embrace that and have fun for a change. If you’re looking for new connections, go to places where you can meet new people, like school events or mixers, because you never know who you may find.

Crystal of the week: Emerald 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)  

This week you may have the urge to argue with others who are trying to help you. Being defensive is not the way to go. If you have a problem, talk it out and don’t resort to lashing out at innocent individuals. Instead, explain how you are feeling and try to find a common ground that is beneficial for you and for the people or person involved.  

Mercury is in Virgo which will lead you to have confidence. You will be confident in the knowledge you have, so make sure to use it to your advantage. Your brain is working at its peak performance so make sure to not take this time for granted and use this to get ahead. 

Crystal of the week: Garnet

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)  

The last few weeks may have been chaotic for you but now is the time to work towards a solution. Find the root cause of the disorganized energy and find a way to clear it out. You will soon find clarity and peace after it is over and you can finally focus on spending time doing things you enjoy in life and in class.

Mercury is in Virgo you will have very little patience for your relationships. This may cause you to feel distracted and unable to focus on schoolwork and your partner. It is best to relay your feelings with them, so they can understand where you are coming from and how they may be able to contribute more to the relationship and you personally. 

Crystal of the week: Amethyst

Pisces (Feb. 19 - March 20)  

Lately, you have been thinking too much about what people say about you and it's getting to you. This week prioritize stepping away from the negativity and pursue what aspirations you have for the future. You will find distracting yourself with work will allow you to become comfortable with yourself and have the ability to block out any negativity you may face in the future.  

Mercury is in Virgo which means you should prioritize your health and well-being. Take a personal day and allow yourself to rest emotionally and physically because it is much needed. If you have work or assignments that are due soon, set a time to work on it later to fully enjoy some quiet time. 

Crystal of the week: Turquoise

Editor's Note: The dates for the star signs are from Ten Thousand Villages.

Edited by Claire van Doren, Shane Brennan, Angelina Steel.

Reach the reporter at sigarci8@asu.edu 

×