Echo from the stars: Weekly horoscope Feb. 5

Find out what's in the stars for you before Super Bowl weekend

The Echo-Astrology-Horoscope-February-5.png

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week.

With this astrological advice, prepare for a week full of twists and turns and discover this year's ultimate Super Bowl snack.

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

Get out there and socialize! As Mercury moves from Capricorn to Aquarius, you will be met with endless social opportunities, and it is up to you to make the best use of them. Expand your social network digitally — redo your social media profiles and update that profile photo you've been stuck with since high school! 

This week’s challenge is to give undivided attention to work and seek trusted feedback. Don’t let the quality of your work suffer — proofread that essay!

Super Bowl snack: Chips and guac

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

With Mercury moving towards Aquarius, this week is about achieving what you aim for! Work hard, focus on what matters to you, and you will achieve it. Take advice from a trustworthy mentor, and plan your path to success. 

Also, remain on the lookout for potential leadership roles. This is your week to thrive as a leader, and you should make the best use of that opportunity. Let the world know what you’re capable of. 

Super Bowl snack: Ham and cheese sliders (or try portobello sliders for a meat-free alternative)

Gemini (May 21 - June 20) 

This week is all about sincerity. As Mercury moves into Aquarius, you should consider taking the path of honesty. Share your opinions without fear, but ensure that you don’t hurt anyone’s feelings by doing so. Focus on being authentic, not rude!

This week is not only about honesty but also about courage. Be bold; take a risk. Ask someone out, raise your hand in class and live on the edge!

Super Bowl snack: Pretzel bites 

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Delve into the depths of your psyche this week. Mercury's placement makes it ideal for you to do some emotional excavation and face the aspects of yourself that intimidate you. 

Embrace vulnerability, but don't just do it alone. Further your emotional journey with your friends and others who you care about. Balance your energy!

Super Bowl snack: Bacon ranch dip 

Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Cooperation is how you get through this week. Join hands and find strength in working together as Mercury parades through Aquarius until Feb. 23. Joining hands and teamwork is how you can also bring balance to some of your tainted relationships.  

Another way to improve your relationships is through direct confrontation and clear communication. Ask them about it if it’s unclear where you stand with someone. Have an open-ended conversation about how things are and move forward!

Super Bowl snack: Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip 

Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

As Mercury slips into Aquarius, your thinking gets clearer, and you will start to see things from a critical mindset. Now is the time to resolve a conflict you've been turning over in your head for a while, and it is also a good time to organize things externally. 

Playing around with technology and trying out new apps could be fun. Try your hand at a new video game, maybe an organizational app or even download Grubhub!

Super Bowl snack: Wings from your favorite takeout spot

Libra (September 23 - October 22)

This week is about YOU! Enjoy all the attention you’ll attract as Mercury swings into Aquarius. Absorb all the adoration thrown your way and feed your ego a little bit. Stay delulu!

This is also a great time to mingle. Ask your crush out, enjoy the adventures of being pursued, and avoid being elusive. You might also feel the pull of your imaginative and spiritual side — pay some attention to it, as leaving it bottled up may lead to anxiety.

Super Bowl snack: Fried pickles

Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

This week is going to be busy, busy, busy! Use your time wisely as Mercury flits into Aquarius and everyone wants your time. Don’t feel obligated to waste your time on anything that drains your energy. Put yourself out there and develop newer interests. 

This means that sentimentality is in the air for you. Embrace it and make the best out of it this week! The importance of close connections will take you by surprise, but it is one that's welcome. Listen to the sage advice of the women in your life; they might set the tone for this week.

Super Bowl snack: Jalapeño poppers

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

After Mercury rushes into the house of Aquarius this week, you are expected to have little control over your mouth and brain. Your anecdotes will be funnier, your friends will be happier, and you will make many spontaneous decisions, staying true to your nature. 

You will turn on the charm this week and take everyone in your stride. This is the best time to schedule daunting meetings and negotiations, as you will be on top of your game! However, this rampant running will need another outlet, so you should consider picking up another physically stimulating activity.

Super Bowl snack: Spicy Siracha popcorn

Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)

This week is your week to thrive financially! Review your financial fitness as Mercury exits your sign and moves towards Aquarius. Figure out a way to save better, talk to your boss about a raise, and think about getting one if you don’t have a job.

This is also an excellent time to add a touch of creativity to everything you touch — think about doing things differently than before and see how it gets better!

Super Bowl snack: Dorito-crusted fried mac and cheese balls

Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)

This week is going to be busy, busy, busy! Use your time wisely as Mercury flits into Aquarius. Don't feel obligated to waste your time on anything that drains your energy. Put yourself out there and develop newer interests. 

If you’re tired of being the center of attention, find some downtime and take a break from your busy work life. As the eve of the Lunar New Year approaches, you will get a shot of motivation and dedication, something you need desperately for the busy week ahead.

Super Bowl snack: Bacon-ranch cheeseballs

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

As Mercury steps into Aquarius this week, you will be surrounded by sage mentors. Please take this opportunity to reach out to them and ask them about the path they've walked on. Take some time for introspection and ensure that your actions align with your goals. Your spiritual and divine connections will deepen this week. 

Find a way to channel your creative side by working on something artsy. Pamper yourself, and let go of things that no longer serve you. Let go, relax and let things be. 

Super Bowl snack: Fried zucchini

Edited by Sophia Braccio, Walker Smith and Caera Learmonth.

Editor’s Note: The dates for the star signs are from Ten Thousand Villages.

Reach the reporter at ktale@asu.edu.

×