Echo from the stars: Weekly horoscope April 22

Mercury retrograde is out, studying for your finals is in

The Echo-astrology-horoscope-April-22

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week.

As the school year begins to wind down, this marks the last weekly horoscope of the semester. But these last few weeks of the semester are essential, so read on to find out what the stars are predicting for you and get some tips on what you can do to prepare for the upcoming summer break.

Aries (March 21-April 19)

A full moon is in Scorpio starting on Tuesday, so you will want to take more risks than usual. However, Mercury's retrograde is also ending on Thursday, so clear thinking and communication will return. Make sure to balance the two as you navigate the rest of this week — don't push your limits too far, but don't hold yourself back from an experience that could make the rest of the semester a great one.

There will also be a Mars-Neptune conjunction on Sunday, providing closure when needed and coming just in time for the end of the school year.

End of the year tip: Try something different — learn how to roller skate, try the entire Hot Ones challenge, go skydiving this summer — but don't risk your final grades or your life over this. Please.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

With Scorpio's full moon this week, you will have a time for release as well as a time for new and deeper connections or relationships. Though the school year is ending, it doesn't mean you can't make new friends. 

Mercury will also no longer be in retrograde, so you can live more in the present, which might be a much-needed break after a few chaotic weeks. And, with Sunday’s Mars-Neptune conjunction, this will be a social week where you’ll want to gather with and support your friends through their finals.

End of the year tip: Organize a group event or hang out for your friends to spend time together before you part ways for the next few months.

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

For you, the full moon is pointing toward a week of well-being. Make small goals that add up over time. Because Mercury's retrograde is also ending on Thursday, you'll be able to repair relationships with friends after potential miscommunications over the past few weeks. Yes, the stars did align for you to do this before summer break. How convenient is that?

With the Mars-Neptune conjunction, you'll see your career and future from a more creative perspective, so take inspiration from this as well.

End of the year tip: Set creative goals for yourself this summer. Read more books, finish that art project you haven't had time for this year, or finally teach yourself how to play the guitar.

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

With Tuesday's full moon, you'll hopefully be able to see love, joy and belonging all around you. What a lovely way to end the semester, right? As Mercury will not be in retrograde anymore, you can regain some of the momentum you lost over the past few weeks. This is just in time for you to begin studying for finals (I know you haven't started yet) and tying up loose ends before the end of the school year. 

The Mars-Neptune conjunction on Sunday will also make you more curious, so take these next few weeks to explore and have fun around campus.

End of the year tip: Finish up your assignments, start cleaning out your room — just check off the items that have been on your to-do list for weeks. 

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)

The full moon in Scorpio will help you to love and appreciate your home and family more deeply, whoever and wherever that is for you, this week. Take some time to do this before you head home or anywhere else you will be this summer. 

With Mercury's retrograde ending soon, you will have to turn the abstract learning you’ve been doing into more tangible application. Sunday's Mars-Neptune conjunction will also help you to grow closer to those around you and even to make new connections.

End of the year tip: In preparation for the summer break, text or call people you care about but haven't seen in a while. Seriously, they'll want to hear from you!

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)

This week, the full moon will help you to speak up, listen more carefully and initiate conversations when needed. Yes, the school year is coming to a close, but it's never too late to start learning these skills. 

As Mercury's retrograde is ending this Thursday, you will more clearly be able to see who around you is trustworthy, especially when looking to make deeper connections as you go into the next few months of break. And, with Mars and Neptune in conjunction this weekend, you might want to go out and meet new people who seem like your opposite. Just go for it!

End of the year tip: Talk to someone new or even raise your hand to speak in class. And hey, if it doesn't go well, at least you won't have to see them for the next three months.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)

The Tuesday full moon will lead to new financial opportunities. This is a big deal if you are, like me, a college student with a slowly depleting bank account. Don't waste this opportunity. 

When Mercury's retrograde ends, you will also be more open to connection after conflict, so if you've been having problems with your relationships, you may still have a chance to fix them. And with Sunday's Mars-Neptune conjunction, you should treat yourself! Do something small to make the end of the year a nicer, smoother experience for yourself.

End of the year tip: Go to a local restaurant or coffee shop you haven't been to before. Buy those clothes you've wanted for a while. If you have any M&G left, use it up!

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)

The full moon in Scorpio means that you should responsibly review your choices over the past few weeks and introduce some new behaviors or habits to your life that you think you need. Along with this, by Thursday, Mercury will no longer be in retrograde, and you can begin taking action to improve your well-being. These new changes don’t have to be quick, but make them meaningful! 

With Mars and Neptune in conjunction, you should share the truth with someone you think should hear it. Do with that what you will — I'm just telling you what the stars are saying.

End of the year tip: Move-out days for dorms are coming up, and I'm sure some lease dates are, too. Start cleaning out your room. Take out the trash and, most importantly, wash your bedsheets. I know you need to.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)

This week, the full moon will allow you to start living in the present. This is mostly great, but unfortunately, it means that you'll have to start focusing on the projects and tests you have coming up, too. Luckily, with Mercury's retrograde ending on Thursday, you'll also be able to clear up a lack of confidence you may have been having, which could help. 

With the Mars-Neptune conjunction on Sunday, you'll be able to have more learning experiences with your emotions. Vague, I know, but what a whirlwind end to the year for you!

End of the year tip: After you've finished the work you need to do, go out and have fun! Pick a restaurant, event or concert to go to and put yourself out there. It can be anything as long as you leave your room.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)

The full moon in Scorpio this week will allow you to connect to the communities and causes you are passionate about. With Thursday marking the end of Mercury retrograde, you will also be more emotionally stabilized after unsettling moments you might have had over the past few weeks. Together, these will hopefully make the end of the school year a satisfying one. 

As Mars and Neptune will be in conjunction, you'll need to read between the lines. Try to pick up on things without them having to be said. I know, I'm sorry. 

End of the year tip: Pick a club, organization or job to get involved with this summer. It could be through ASU or your hometown or just something you and a group of friends start up, but do it!

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)

Tuesday's full moon means you should start taking charge of your future and career with integrity and discipline. With summer break around the corner, you'll have plenty of time to get a head start on this. And, as Mercury’s retrograde is ending on Thursday, your speech will be smarter and more compassionate, which will be great for making friends and taking job interviews. 

Due to the Mars-Neptune conjunction, you'll also be able to reframe your approach to finances through a more thoughtful, reflective lens. I don't know how the stars managed to figure that one out.

End of the year tip: Look past this summer and toward next semester. Apply for scholarships, search for jobs, or (especially for the freshmen reading this) think very hard about how you will budget your M&G next year.

READ MORE: ASU scholarships: When, how and for whom?

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)

With the full moon in Scorpio, you'll want to travel. Take the next couple of weeks to explore new spaces or expand your horizons around campus. As Mercury will no longer be in retrograde, try implementing your values and the lessons you’ve learned over the school year with greater integrity or for a bigger purpose. 

With Mars and Neptune in conjunction this Sunday, you'll have an easier time remembering your identity. Consider the experiences and people you want in your life.

End of the year tip: Make a bucket list of fun things to do before the semester ends. Take a hike up "A" mountain, or visit that classroom everyone said is haunted. You could also maybe even study for your finals.

Edited by Sophia Braccio, Walker Smith and Shane Brennan

Editor's Note: The dates for the star signs are from Vogue India.

Reach the reporter at pkfung@asu.edu.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on X. 

×