Introvert's Advocate: Famous Fictional Introverts

I watch a lot of Netflix and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Whenever I want a quiet night in or a lazy afternoon I turn to the streaming service for some mind-numbing entertainment. After consuming a multitude of television shows I’ve been able to pick out the introverts in most series (thanks Myers-Briggs). Here’s a list of my favorite famous, fictional introverts.

1. Gilmore Girls-Rory Gilmore

Rory is probably one of my favorite TV show characters of all time who just happens to be an introvert. She understands the importance of getting good grades and the healing qualities of Chinese takeout. Plus, she’s an introvert pursuing a career that requires a lot of socializing and go-getting, a global political reporter. So basically, she’s an inspiration to us all to go outside of our comfort zones.

2. Gossip Girl- Dan Humphry

Say what you want about “Lonely Boy”, but at the beginning of the series he definitely shied away from all the glitz and glamour of the Upper East Side. Until he realized how badly he wanted it, that is. Apart from all the drama, his aspiration to be a writer and excellent observational skills make him a grade-A introvert.

3. Parks & Recreation- Ben Wyatt

When you add up Wyatt’s introversion with Leslie Knope’s extroversion and their combined passion for government work you get the world’s best power couple. He stands up for his friends and family when he needs to, but he prefers to be behind the scenes as a campaign manager or at home playing the game he designed, “The Cones of Dunshire”.

4. LOST- Ben Linus

He’s the character everyone loves to hate. Linus creates disaster after disaster, but most schemers are actually introverted. He’s not awkward or shy in the slightest during his adult life, but the time he takes to reflect on his future decisions makes him an expert introvert.

×