Other than Ramen: Not-So-Extreme Couponing

Forget old fashion coupon clipping. Save money from coupon websites! From blogs.courant.com

Coupon websites are a great way to save money while grocery shopping on a college student budget. Have you ever thought about using them?

I’m not saying that you should go “Extreme Couponing” like the TLC television series, but it never hurts to save a little extra cash, especially with summer vacation approaching.

Finding trustworthy coupon websites can be slightly tricky because there is always a chance that some sites will include fake coupons.

“Don't Waste Your Money” consumer reporter John Matarese published the article “Best coupon websites for grocery savings.”

For the story he talked to coupon guru Andrea Deckard who recommended her top three valid websites:

I checked out these sites for myself and they were very user-friendly and included realistic grocery items, not just random items the stores are trying to get rid of.

While browsing the items on sale on the website, all you have to do is click which coupons you want to “clip” and then print them out all at once when your ready to head to the store.

Don’t be alarmed when the site asks you to download their printing software, though. It’s just a precaution so people don’t print out an obnoxious number of coupons.

These websites are definitely in tune with the modern consumer–you can share your favorite coupons with friends though Facebook and Twitter!

Not interested in using these sites? Visit your favorite grocery store’s website and view their digital coupons. This way you will be sure that the coupons are valid and get an idea for what you need to stock up on.

You’ll be surprised by how much you actually can save in a trip to the store. In the case of a Ramen eating students, every 50-cent coupon really does add up to big savings.

×