The Western Conference will be fun to watch in the playoffs. Seven out of the eight teams could make it to the finals.

One of those teams is the Oklahoma City Thunder. While many believe the Thunder are the favorites to make it out of the West, Charles Barkley said it best: The Thunder won’t win with that offense.

Sorry, James Harden fans. It’s not happening.

The Thunder have arguably one of the worst half-court offenses in the NBA. It’s predictable and relies on three players to do everything. The Thunder are the most dangerous in transition with their ability to score by blowing past you with Harden, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant.

It’ll be very difficult to score that way in the playoffs, when the tempo is slower and you receive fewer possessions than in the regular season.

Its best facilitator comes off the bench. The Thunder have the worst assist-to-turnover ratio in the league.

If you can’t move the ball, it’ll be extremely difficult to score in the postseason.  Not to mention the Thunder have a mediocre coach, a superstar forward who is limited with his lanky 6-foot-9, 235-pound frame and an outstanding point guard with a terrible basketball IQ.

It’s hard to believe the Thunder can turn it around when they blow 18-point leads in the second half a week before the postseason.

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×