An attractive blonde ex-volleyball player hooks up with a 51-year-old football coach — now that’s a storyline I can get on board with.

But, probably not for the same reasons most people are following the Arkansas headlines.

I don’t care that Bobby Petrino lied about cheating on his wife with a 25-year-old school employee. Anyone slimy enough to do that obviously isn’t going to come clean about it.

I also don’t care that he ended up getting fired for his transgressions. Any administration that would keep a man like Petrino after what he did is more dishonorable than the person who actually committed the fraudulent acts.

Instead, I am left following along with the news in hopes of one new twist revealing itself. I want to see an interview with Jessica Dorrell, the young female who had the affair with coach Petrino.

I need to know something. Why would any woman in her mid-20s want to sleep with Petrino? I know people have certain fetishes, but come on. Petrino has the sex appeal of a sun-ridden prune.

I’m not sure what the $20,000 Petrino gave to Dorrell was for, but even if it was for — well, you know — that is not nearly enough.

Dorrell either needs mental therapy or a medal of honor for what she went through. I’m just not sure which is more applicable.

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×