Police beat: April 24

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 43-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Friday evening near East Elliot Road and South River Parkway on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.A Tempe Police officer stopped the woman because she was swerving into the shoulder lane on the Loop 101, police reported.

The woman told the officer her license had been suspended since 2011, according to the report.

Police found a red plastic cup containing alcohol in the woman’s vehicle, which she said she had been drinking, police reported.

The woman had bloodshot, watery eyes, spoke with slurred speech and showed signs of toxicity during her field sobriety tests, according to the report.

The woman was arrested, transported and booked into the Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge for her aggravated DUI, police reported.

• A 20-year-old Mesa man was arrested Friday at the 1200 block of East Eighth Street on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report.The man was sitting in the rear passenger seat of a 2005 Chevrolet when Tempe Police stopped him around 2 a.m., police reported.

Police questioned the passengers, then searched them and the vehicle, finding a plastic bag containing marijuana inside of the man’s right shorts pocket, according to the report.

The man was arrested, transported to the Tempe City Jail where he was booked and released pending drug charges, police reported.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×