Police: Men arrested on suspicion of underage drinking after alleged harassment

ASU Police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• Three men were arrested Tuesday evening at Normal Avenue and Apache Boulevard on suspicion of underage drinking, according to a police report. One of them was also arrested on suspicion of underage alcohol possession, according to the report.Officers talked to the men after someone said they were harassing a woman, police reported.When officers arrived, the men were high-fiving passers-by on the sidewalk, according to the report.

The men’s speech was slurred, their eyes were bloodshot and they smelled like alcohol, police reported.

The men told officers they had each consumed five or more shots of alcohol, according to the report.

One of the subjects was carrying a water bottle with clear liquid in it, police reported.

When asked, the man said the bottle contained alcohol, according to the report.

The men were arrested and cited for underage alcohol consumption, police reported.

Tempe Police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• A man was arrested on Aug. 30 at Mill Avenue and U.S. 60 on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs and driving with an open container of alcohol, according to a police report.The man was driving his car with a prior traffic violation when police stopped him, police reported.A K-9 unit conducted an inspection of the outside of the vehicle and found the smell of an illegal substance inside, police reported.The officers found a bag of marijuana in the center console, police reported.

Officers also found a plastic cup on the front passenger floorboard, police reported.

The cup contained brown liquid that smelled of alcohol, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and released pending drug charges and held to see a judge for the open container charge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza.

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×