The Dead Rabbitts perform hometown hardcore show

Arizona native Craig Mabbitt will bring his side project band The Dead Rabbitts to Martini Ranch in Scottsdale on Thursday, Sept. 13.

The Escape the Fate lead vocalist blends harsh vocals with tight production to craft his debut EP, titled “Edge of Reality.” The EP is to be released on Oct. 19th and the band is currently streaming two songs, “World of Disaster” and “Edge of Reality,” on their YouTube page.

Mabbitt began working on music for The Dead Rabbitts in 2011. The former Blessthefall and Attack Attack! vocalist said that this new music is  similar to his work with his previous bands, but that a new Escape the Fate album is also in the works. The Dead Rabbitts use a blend of clean and unclean vocals along with intense instrumentation for a sound that rivals Escape the Fate’s own blend of hardcore.

The band is currently raising money for the EP and for a nonprofit organization called To Write Love on Her Arms, which that seeks to offer help to those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide.

Five percent of all the money raised through the pledge program found on their website will be donated to the charity, and the band is currently at 70 percent of their target goal with less than one month remaining.

Fans can pledge to help fund the EP on Pledge Music and can receive rewards depending on how much they pledge. Rewards include everything from signed copies of the EP to merchandise packages to an exclusive EP listening party in Los Angeles.

The concert at Martini Ranch is in Old Town Scottsdale and is billed as Mabbitt’s hometown show, with support from up-and-coming local band, In It for Storms, as well as support from Thick as Thieves, Rob The Cartel and Get Scared.

Each band brings their unique style of hardcore to the show, which is sure to be complemented by In It for Storms’s strong rock vibe.

Fans are eager to see what Mabbitt will bring to his solo project after being involved in so many other prominent bands in the current hardcore scene. This hometown show will provide a preview to this side project endeavor and give fans a glimpse of the new music before it is released.

Tickets are still available for $10 online and will also be sold at the door the day of the show. Doors at Martini Ranch open at 6 p.m. and the show will begin at 6:30 p.m.

Reach the reporter at okhiel@asu.edu

×