Man arrested after breaking into a trailer

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 39-year-old Litchfield Park man was arrested Monday on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of breaking and entering twice into a man’s trailer, according to a police report.The trailer’s owner called police after he found his window damaged from an intrusion, according to the report.When an officer arrived on the scene, he saw the man’s full right arm inside of the window, police reported. The man was attempting to burglarize the trailer for a second time that night, according to the report.

The officer held the man at gunpoint until backup arrived, police reported.

Police said the man refused to talk about the incident and denied taking any items from the trailer, according to the report. The man said he wasn’t at the scene earlier, police reported.

The trailer’s owner said when he came home, a dresser was knocked over and a window was badly damaged and would no longer open properly, according to the report.

The damaged window will cost $150 to replace, according to the police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held.

• A 20-year-old Chandler man was arrested Monday at the 6000 block of South Rita Lane on suspicion of narcotic and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.An officer witnessed the man place a syringe with what appeared to be heroin in his pocket and run, according to the report.During a routine search, the officer found a white baggie with a black ball inside that appeared to be heroin, according to the report.

The man said he ran from police because he had heroin on him and had just “shot up” and was getting ready to do it again when the officer showed up, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released.

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested at the 6000 block of South Elm Street on suspicion of burglary and noise complaint, according to a police report.The man went to his ex-girlfriend’s apartment at the 300 block of South Beck Avenue and she asked him to leave, according to the report.The man broke into her bedroom and stole a Toshiba Tablet later that night, police reported.

The man then broke the ex-girlfriend’s roommate’s bedroom window, according to the report.

Police found the man in his mother’s driveway, police reported.

When an officer confronted the man, he could detect alcohol odor on the man’s breath and body, according to the police report.

After a Breathalyzer test, the officer determined the man had been drinking, according to a report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge.

Reports compiled by Ana Ramirez.

Reach the reporter at amrami13@asu.edu

×