Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Oct. 25 at McClintock Drive and 3rd Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

An officer pulled over a truck that ran a stop sign and asked the four occupants to exit the vehicle after he smelled alcohol, police reported.

The officer gave citations to all four occupants because they were underage, according to the report.

The officer found a backpack behind the driver’s seat, and a search revealed the backpack contained two pill bottles with marijuana and an iPod inscribed with a person’s name, police reported.

The vehicle’s driver said the backpack belonged to his friend, according to the report.

He allowed the officer to call the friend from his cellphone, and the officer asked the man to go to McClintock Drive and 3rd Street, police reported.

The officer arrested the man when he arrived, police reported. The man said the marijuana and a pipe to smoke it were his, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

•  

• A 22-year-old Glendale woman was arrested Oct. 25 at the Marquee Theatre near Mill Avenue and Washington Street on suspicion of dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

The woman was in a bathroom stall when a security agent saw she had a black bag, police reported.

The security agent asked to see the bag and found four Ecstasy pills and a powdery substance, according to the report.

When police arrived, the woman said the pills belonged to her sister, but she knew they were ecstasy and that they were illegal, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza.

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×