Unconscious woman taken to Glendale hospital, cited on suspicion of underage drinking

A 19-year-old Phoenix man and an 18-year-old Phoenix woman were arrested Oct. 10 on the 5000 block of West Thunderbird Road on suspicion of minor in consumption, according to a police report.

Police arrived at the dorms after receiving a call about a woman who potentially had alcohol poisoning, according to the report.

The woman’s roommate told police she was drinking in the man’s room, police reported.

Officers knocked on the door, and the man answered and told police he and the woman each had seven shots of New Amsterdam vodka, according to the report.

The man told police he and the woman threw the bottle away in a trashcan outside the dorms, according to the report.

The man was not walking straight, had bloodshot, watery eyes and was slurring his speech, police reported.

The woman was unconscious and vomiting before she was taken to a nearby Glendale hospital, according to the report.

Police arrested and cited the man and woman on suspicion of underage drinking, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson. Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×