Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 33-year-old Scottsdale woman and a 49-year-old Tempe man were arrested Nov. 5 near Scottsdale Road and Gilbert Drive on suspicion of burglary, possession of burglary tools and stolen property, according to a police report.

A victim of the robbery heard noise from someone entering the gated yard of his apartment and saw the two suspects, along with a third man, fleeing from the apartment buildings near Curry and Scottsdale roads toward a pick-up truck, police reported.

The victim provided a license plate number, and patrol in the area stopped a pick-up truck with the same number shortly after, according to police.

Police saw large bolt-cutters in the pick-up truck and a further search of the vehicle revealed bicycles and articles of clothing that are believed to be stolen, police reported.

A police investigation into the identity of the third man is ongoing, while the man and the woman were transported to the Tempe City Jail, where they were booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 46-year-old Mesa man was arrested Nov. 6 on the 2100 block of East Orange Street at Escalante Park on suspicion of marijuana, dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession with two outstanding warrants, according to a police report.

A security check of the park revealed the man was there after hours and was lying next to an open plastic container of a leafy green substance labeled “potpourri” and “not for human consumption,” police reported.

The man was arrested and a search revealed he was in possession of marijuana in a sandwich-size plastic bag, according to the report.

During an interview, the man said he knew the substance in the plastic bag was marijuana and found it in a dumpster, police reported.

The man said he bought the potpourri from a smoke shop called “El Paisano” and smokes it for pain management, according to the report.He was booked and released pending the drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Nicholas Palomino Mendoza.

Reach the reporter at npmendo@asu.edu

×