Drunken man treated for alcohol poisoning

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A man was arrested Wednesday on the 900 block of South Terrace Road on suspicion of drinking alcohol on University property, according to a police report.

The man was drinking outside of Cholla Residence Hall, police reported.

A police officer saw the man sitting on the ground drinking from two beer cans in each of his hands and saw two beer cans on the ground next to him, according to police.

When the officer asked the man for identification, the suspect was too intoxicated to find one, so the officer had to search him to find his ID, police reported.

The officer discovered the man had previously been cited for trespassing at Memorial Union twice by the University for drinking, according to the report.

The officer gave the man a citation for drinking in public, according to police.

The officer saw the man stumbling and asked him what day of the week it was and where he was going, but he was unable to answer, police reported.

Tempe Fire Department came to check on the man and transported him to Tempe Saint Luke's Hospital for alcohol poisoning treatment, according to police.

An unidentified person is suspected of criminal damage on Wednesday on the 500 block of East Orange Street, police reported.

The person scratched a door of a black 2012 Honda Accord, police reported.

The owner of the vehicle told police she has not gotten into any altercations recently and did not know who would want to damage her car, according to the report.

The worth of damage was $200, according to police.

Without any leads, witnesses or suspects, the car owner will aid in persecution, police reported.

Reports compiled by Josh Thrall.

Reach the reporter at jwthrall@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @jtrhall1

×