Police: Man drives under influence of marijuana, alcohol

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 29-year-old Pico Rivera, Calif., man was arrested Sept. 29 at East Apache Boulevard and South Rural Road on suspicion of driving under the influence, DUI with liquor and drugs combination, extreme DUI and drug paraphernalia and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

An officer stopped the man because he was driving with no lights and failed to stay in his lane, the report said.

The officer noted a distinct odor of alcohol and marijuana coming from the car, according to the report.

The man gave the officer his identification, and the officer reported that the man’s eyes were bloodshot and watery and his speech was slurred, according to the report.

Police reported the officer asked the man to get out of the car and he could not balance without swaying.

The officer performed a field sobriety and breath test and reported that the man had a blood alcohol content of .148 percent.

The man was placed under arrest, and a search of his car found marijuana in the center console next to a glass pipe, according to the report.

The man told police the marijuana and pipe were his and said he had a medical marijuana card in California but did not have his card with him, police reported.

He was booked into jail and held to see a judge for the DUI charges, then released pending the other charges, the report said.

Reports compiled by Mark Remillard.

Reach the reporter at mark.remillard@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @markjremillard

×