Third time is a charm

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.
Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez. Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

This week, the editors at State Press Magazine and the design team completed a third print issue. Compared to previous production weeks, this one was relatively seamless. I guess that goes to show that the third time's a charm and we've finally figure our sh-t out. We only had a total of two nights in the newsroom that lasted past 10 p.m. and last night we finished the pages by 8:30 p.m. I must admit, it was bizarre to not be scrambling to get things together in the last minute.

I have to give most of the credit to my kick-ass staff. My writers pulled together eight stories in just two weeks and my photographers supplied photos for every single one. As for my editors, they were calm, cool and collected every step of the way. I could not have done it without them.

I am particularly excited about this issue because we have some inspiring stories and what I believe is our best layout. The theme is Thinkers & Doers, and everyone in our issue is pursuing a dream to make an impact. Keep your eye out for it next week on newsstands. (The cover alone is sure to catch your attention!)

Reach the editor at newlin.tillotson@asu.edu or on Twitter @Newlin777.

×