Boo to the inadvertent deaths of 20 dogs at a Gilbert boarding facility. The dogs likely died from heat exhaustion on Saturday after one of them allegedly chewed a cord that was connected to the air conditioning unit. The owners of the boarding facility lied to dog owners, saying the dogs had escaped, which resulted in the dog owners forming search parties around the Gilbert area, the Arizona Republic reported. The incident is currently under investigation by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

Bravo to the rescues of humans and dogs trapped around the world. In Bakersfield, California, a pitbull puppy got its head stuck in the rim of its owner’s car. Luckily, firefighters were able to squeeze the puppy out without too much trouble. Things were a bit different for an American student in Germany, who found himself stuck in a sculpture of a vagina. Fortunately, the student was born again — this time with the assistance of 22 firefighters.

Boo to Luis Suarez, the Uruguayan soccer player. Suarez bit an opposing player during Uruguay’s World Cup match against Italy, a game Uruguay eventually won 1-0. This also marks the third time Suarez has bitten an opposing player.

Bravo to ASU Track and Field’s continued dominance. The Sun Devils’ storied program welcomes two new national champions in junior Shelby Houlihan and redshirt junior Bryan McBride. Houlihan won the 1,500 meters while McBride recorded a lifetime best on the high jump.

Boo to Portugal for its tying goal against the U.S. in their World Cup matchup. The U.S. was seconds away from a victory that would have sent them to the knockout stage but a Silvestre Varela header in the 95th minute stopped the Americans from getting the much-needed three points.

Bravo to Clint Dempsey’s abs. The U.S.'s msecond goal against Portugal wasn’t kicked, it was bumped in by the midfielder’s six-pack. Impressive.

Boo to the Sling Thong. Borderline public nudity, this is a whole new take on the banana hammock.

Bravo to SB Nation’s Twitter for live-tweeting Russia’s World Cup matches with images of Vladimir Putin with cute and cuddly animals.

Boo to Gary Oldman's surprising profanity-laden defense of actor Mel Gibson's anti-Semitic rants and condemnation of a culture he sees as too politically correct. This is not the kind of behavior we'd expect from Sirius Black or Commissioner Gordon.

Bravo to the Curiosity rover, which has now spent a full Martian year exploring the Red Planet. Here's to many more years ahead of you, Curiosity!

Want to join the conversation? Send an email to opiniondesk.statepress@gmail.com. Keep letters to 300 words and include your university affiliation. Requests for anonymity will not be granted.

×