Tempe Police: Man urinates in public

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press) Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Sunday:

A 25 year-old man was arrested Feb. 13 at West 5th Street of suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and urinating in public, according to a police report.

Officers arrived at the scene after seeing the man urinating on a public wall near the main street, according to the report.

The man said he was urinating because he could not find a bathroom, according to the report. When officers searched the man, they found marijuana and other drugs, police reported.

The man claimed to have had a medical marijuana card, but officers failed to find identification on him, according to the report.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 25 year-old California man was arrested on Feb. 13 on the 1000 block of North 54th Street on suspicion of drug possession and having two misdemeanor warrants, according to the police report.

Officers arrived at the man’s house with two confirmed warrants out for his arrest, police reported. A woman at the house told them the man was at work, according to the report.

When officers arrived at the man’s workplace, the managers told the officer that they were unaware of the man’s outstanding warrants and confirmed that he did in fact work there, according to the report.

The man cooperated with police once they detained him and he notified police that he was in possession of heroin at the time, police reports confirmed.

The man was booked and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×