Reports: Former ASU football linebacker Davon Durant must undergo counseling before he can enroll

Durant is trying to work his way back into the fold after being sentenced earlier this month

davon durant

Davon Durant (Photo courtesy of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)

Former ASU football linebacker Davon Durant must complete his court-ordered domestic-violence counseling before he can re-apply for admission to the University, according to multiple reports.

Durant was sent a letter from the University, which was obtained by ABC15.com, stating that "Any court ordered domestic violence counseling must be completed and verification provided to the Dean of Students prior to reenrollment."

Durant was sentenced to two years supervised probation last Monday after pleading guilty to one charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. He was initially charged with three misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and one count of felony aggravated assault stemming from his March arrest for reportedly getting into a domestic dispute with girlfriend Kelsi Langley.

Durant has reportedly been expelled from the University as of May 29, a decision that he has appealed.

Durant's attorney, Benjamin Taylor, refused to comment to AZCentral Tuesday.

According to the letter obtained by ABC15.com, Durant is prohibited from making any contact with the Complainant, Langely, during the remainder of her enrollment at ASU.

Durant is a former five-star prospect from Butler Community College. He has yet to play a game or even practice for the Sun Devils, and has been removed from the official roster.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×