Tempe Police: Man tries to smoke blunt on 'A' Mountain with girls

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incident Sunday:

A 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested July 10 at the intersection of West Third Street and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man while he sat in the back seat of a black 2014 Chevy Camaro with Arizona plates in the back of a parking lot near the light rail station, police reported.

Upon contact, police noted the strong odor of marijuana emanating from the interior of the vehicle, according to the report.

When the officers approached the car, they observed the man with a half-rolled blunt in his lap, police reported.

The man had also hidden a small orange pill container with marijuana inside it in between his legs, according to the report.

During a routine interview, the man admitted that the pill container and the marijuana was his, police reported.

The man said he had purchased the approximated gram of marijuana for $15 dollars while in Mesa, according to the report.

Officers advised that the man did not possess a medical marijuana card, to which the man added that he had never had one, police reported.

The man said he and a group of friends had planned to hike up A Mountain with some girls to smoke the blunt, according to the report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released on pending drug charges, police reported.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @aimeenplante

×