Tempe Police: Exotic dancer resists arrest, grabs officer's groin

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incident Monday:

A 21-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on July 17 at Dream Palace Gentlemen's Club on the 800 block of Scottsdale Road in Tempe on three counts of aggravated assault, criminal damage, and driving under the influence, according to a police report.

The woman was arrested after police identified her as the suspect of a hit-and-run collision on East Curry and South Scottsdale Roads, police said.

Upon contact, police tried to detain the woman, who immediately became combative, according to the report.

The woman kicked one officer in the chest, spit on another and continually grabbed at the groin of the third’s, police said.

While flailing, the woman kicked a police radio and caused $500 in damage, the report said.

According to report, the woman’s eyes looked red and watery and she smelled distinctly of alcohol, so she was transported to Scottsdale Osborne Medical Center to be evaluated.

The woman’s blood alcohol content was .187, according to the report.

The woman was transported and booked at Tempe City Jail to see a judge, police said.

A 21-year-old Glendale man was arrested on July 18 at Baseline and McClintock Roads for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia and traffic violations, according to a police report.

Police stopped the man because he ran a red light and made illegal lane changes, police said.

Upon contact, police noticed the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, which the man excused, saying that his friends had been smoking it in his car earlier that day, according to the report.

Upon a search of the vehicle, however, marijuana was located in a thermos on the passenger side of the vehicle and the man confessed to possessing and using it without a medical marijuana card, police said.

The man was booked and held in Tempe City Jail release pending, according to the report.

Report compiled by Isabella Castillo

Reach the reporter at icastil3@asu.edu or follow @isabella_m_cast on twitter 

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×