Tempe Police: Man produces pipe from butt upon request

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 23 on the 700 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of drug and paraphernalia possession and for violating a liquor law, according to a police report.

An officer watched the man leave a restaurant from an inner courtyard into an alleyway and light a joint behind an electrical box, police reported.

When the officer approached, the man dropped the joint on the ground, which the officer picked up, according to the report.

The joint still had some unburned marijuana inside and the area smelled of the marijuana that was burned, police reported.

In an interview, the man admitted to having drugs and bringing them to work with him, according to the report.

The man said that he “was permitted” to have drugs at work, police reported.

Upon arrest, the man told officers that he had a pipe in his butt, which he then produced, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 23 at 680 South Mill Ave. on suspicion of aggravated assault against a officer, resisting arrest, underage drinking and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Security inside Fat Tuesday tried to escort the man and his brother out of the bar because they were pushing people as they walked the length of the bar, police reported.

While exiting the premises, the men turned around and began yelling at security, and an observing officer called for reinforcement, according to the report.

Officers pushed the men from the bar, but after walking a few paces, the men returned to yell at the security guard and officers, police reported.

The men blocked the sidewalk completely, causing a crowd to form behind them, according to the report.

An officer warned the man that he would be sent to jail if the actions continued, to which the man replied “Arrest me, then! Come at me, you bitch,” police reported.

When the officer attempted to hold the man’s arm to arrest him, the man recoiled and punched the officer on his chin, according to the report.

The man continued to push and shove the officers unit he grabbed one officer’s vest to kick at him, police reported.

The man kept fighting after being tased, so the officer tased him again until the man stopped, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×